Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
hey joe.... tell you what... 3 DOLLA !!.. thats what i give ya.. 3 DOLLA... 20 something hits... joe.. you are a lucky man... lol.. tell ya what.. put em' the hell on ebay and see where they go.. or use em' and enjoy em'... like bob said... you ain't gonna retire on em'....

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Joe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
kmann,

LOL, LMAO, I know I know. I understand what your getting at. Not looking to retire on them, just looking to see what they might be worth as collectable items. You not kidding, I am impressed with the response as well. Gotta love it. Responses, thoughts etc, bring em on.... we're on a roll here.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
HEY LOOK...AN ALL WHITE ONE!

THE BASEMENT IN THIS PLACE (ASYLUM) HAD DOZENS OF THESE. BRING YOUR BEST LADDER AND ASBESTOS MASK....FREE FOR THE TAKING!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGES

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
see... now theres the money !!!... hey doc... get all you can find.. i give 3 dolla... 50 cent.... BEFORE YOU PUT EM' ON EBAY !!!!..LOL

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joe,
The ones I bought were mostly NOS. A few were used, and a few were missing the sockets. Judging by the other items that I got at the same auction I'd guess my shades were from the 1950's.
Put 'em on ebay and see what they do.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WoW

W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
I replaced a bunch of these at a telvision station once and the guy told me to throw them out. I took one of them and cut the socket and mount out and it made a great funnel for my preasure sand blaster

ward

K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
OK YOU GOT ME IN THIS IS A GULF ORANGE PORCELAIN SHADE IT SOLD QUICK.

REX LIKES SHADES

J
Joe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
AG,

That white shade there is not quite what mine looks like, but similar. The rim just slowly flows out til it ends.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
JOE - HERE'S ONE I TOOK LAST YEAR FROM THE FLOOR OF AN WAREHOUSE AT AN ASYLUM.....

IT'S 12" DIAMETER AND IS A BIT FLATTER LIKE YOURS EXCEPT NEAR THE OUTTER EDGE.

DOC @ TAG.WEST

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
J
Joe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
AG,

All the ones I see look very industry production like. These things look like some smaller outfit produced them just because of the free form shape they take. Kinda like the difference between a newer fuel pump and an older one like the one you showed in your link you posted here earlier.

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Hey guys, Those shade were made right here in my hometown West Lafayette, Ohio by the Jones Metal Company. They are still in business today. They made those same style light shades back in the late forties and they still make most of the same styles today. Today they are not porcelein, they are powder coated. Moore Enameling was another company located here for many years too. They made enamel kitchen ware while Jones Metal made hospital ware (bedpans, urinals,surgical trays etc. During WWII the two companine made 105 mm shell casing's for the artillery guns.
The nuts for those light shades are a bear to find. I don't know if Jones Metal has those in stock anymore or not but, When I am at lunch with the CEO I will ask him and get back to you fellows.

J
Joe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
TerryL,

Are you reffering to the ones I listed at the start of this post? Looking forward to the info and answers you wrote in regard to.

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Joe, The style you posted looks to be a Jones Metal shade to me. They made many styles. Do you see anywhere the word "ABOLITE" ? They stamped alot of them that way but, Not all. I'll take your pic to the coffee shop and find out. Thats where some of the Jones Metal "old timers" hang out and thats where I know the CEO from.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The type of shade that Rex posted is what petro guys are after. They have a harp on the underside that mounts to a 2" pipe. Sometimes they have provisions for flood lights on the top.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved