Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#301178 Mon Jan 30 2012 12:18 PM
B
boozer Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I have a boyle-dayton gas cart that im restoring and my question is should it be functional or just for looks. I was watching an episode of AMERICAN RESTORATION and i saw Rick coat the inside of the gas cart with a sealer and make the pump work so if the owner wanted to he could use fuel in it. I'm just not sure i should go that far because i do not think anyone would ever want fuel in a beautifully restored gas cart. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK.
BEFORE

$(KGrHqEOKjcE31vVndmnBN+WZLsmr!~~0_3.jpg 2011-01-23 4750.jpg
Last edited by boozer; Mon Jan 30 2012 12:19 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
most all of this stuff we have is not going to ever pump gas again,although there are some exceptions. i wouldnt worry too much,as long as it moves,.like you said"put gas in a beutifully restored gas cart"cool cart btw. mick

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'd still coat the inside with something like POR-15 to seal it up so it doesn't rust from the inside.

Later . . .

Jim

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
IF we could get the prices he charges for "His restorations", ya better Gold Plate the insides! [Don't believe everything ya see/hear on TV, John Wayne never really died in a movie!]

B
boozer Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I dont believe everything because if you go on his website a lot of things he restored and sold on the tv show are now for sale for $1000.00-$2000.00 less like the fire extinguister,coffee machine,x ray machine, penny scale, motorize surf board and so on and so on (you get my point). I did stop by his new location last May when i was in vegas and his work did look pretty good.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved