Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#302944 Mon Feb 06 2012 09:47 AM
JGD Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Bought this Erie 2.5hrs away from my house, and didn't bring the van because I didn't expect to be coming home with any large items. It's a smaller pump so I was hoping it would fit partially in the trunk, sticking out....nope! Got it in the back seat with one door open pretty far. It was a long 2.5hrs home, and I got a lot of looks from people on the road! One truck driver saw the pump and must have been into gas pumps, he gave a few honks of approval! I haven't seen one like this with the metal ring between the stainless top and the body(pic #3). I believe it goes there though, because the stainless top hits the inside of the pump without it. It may be missing something there, as the metal ring has a few holes in it, but there's nowhere on the pump that a bolt would go into. It's got a couple of nice small round Ethyl porcelain signs left on it too. It's really solid with straight body. I may just fix it up a little and leave it original in my garage for awhile, I love the old look (the pictures show the worst side)

Last edited by JGD; Mon Feb 06 2012 09:48 AM.

Jon
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice pump, and you have that hard to find site glass trim. I believe this pump might had come with stainless trim on each corner. A little clean-up and a round Gulf pump plate and I would call it done! Brady

JGD Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
You know, I noticed that about the corner trim also. There are lines in the paint where they may have been at one time, but there are layers of paint over that like they've been gone for awhile, and there are little plugs in all the holes. However, i did hold up a trim piece that fits a Bennett DMB 150, and a National 10xe (thanks Ron Scoobie!), and it looks like it would line up.

Jon
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice pump. Did you get it home without doing any damage to the interior of your car. No tears, stains or scuffed door panels? I noted that you had the base/bottom of the pump the car and top sticking out. I would imagine the pump has been gutted out. If some of the old gas would have spilled out onto the interior of your car. I don't think you would ever get that smell out of the cloth interior not to mention the stain.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
JGD Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Funny you ask. Actually all the guts are in the pump lol. We got the pump in fine, but did scuff the door panel a bit taking it out. I was a little bummed about the door, but it wasnt too bad and the car is getting up there on miles. We put down a ton of blankets, and a tiny bit of gas dripped out the top, but it only got on the outside of the car, not anywhere inside (I got lucky.)

Jon
Great story and pictures. Thanks for sharing it all with us.

Does the tag say it is an Erie 129-B G.O.C.?

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
JGD Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Jim,

I'll have to double check later tonight, but I believe it says Erie 129-22

Jon
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Desperate measures & Any port in a storm scenario. Great to see you Got~R~done!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Impressive, I like your style.

JGD Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Confirmed that the ID plate says 129-22

Jon

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard