Next Thread
Print Thread
#30324 Mon Jan 19 2004 10:02 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
75% of you guys know what I'm getting ready to say but this is for the other 25%. I have arrived at a conclusion regarding pump hunting, there are more pumps at farms than anywhere else in the south. I have got some of my pumps from EBAY, flea markets, old oil jobbers and their employees but the old farms are, in my opinion, the best thing going now. Drive down secondary roads and look real hard. All of the "easy spotters" are already gone. You gotta look behind buildings, around corners and all nooks and crannies. There are thousands of farms, large and small and at one time almost all of them had there own gas pumps. Most of the pumps are no longer being used and the owners are scared to death of the EPA. My approach is I tell the owner that I will remove the pump, cap off the drop pipe and clean up, the owner doesn't have to lift a finger. I also explain that even though there is still a tank in the ground the flag (flag = gas pump) is now gone. For example, I spent 4 hours last Sunday and 4 hours last Monday, burnt 20 gallons of gas and got 4 nice pumps. My wife was with me and we had a nice and relaxing drive, saw some areas we had never seen and found a couple of neat place to eat. Both days I came home with 2 nice pumps in my truck, 2- G&B 96's, 1- Wayne 100 and 1- Tokheim 305. For the record the prices I had to pay were respectly $100.00, $100.00, $300.00 and $75.00. Being I was the driver I had my wife doing the looking and she spotted all 4 of these. They were hard to see from the road and someone driving and looking alone would've never found them. So team; "SNAP ON YOUR CHINSTRAPS, PUT IN YOUR MOUTHPIECES, ALIGN YOUR JOCKSTRAPS AND GO KICK SOME SERIOUS *** !" Sincerely, Neal Dunn gpf

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#30325 Mon Jan 19 2004 10:55 PM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
you are 100% right!!!!!!!!!
there are sooooooooooo many pumps left out there its not even funny!!! LOL!!!!!!

PUMP HUNTING IS GREAT FUN! i like the farms with alot of junk around them. they always have something good laying around even if not a pump & those guys that own those places must like junk to cause they have so much of it. i always pull into these places & the owners know right away your a junk lover too & let you dig around!!! ----- some GOOD GOOD pumps are hid in barns. i just heard about a WAYNE 60 thats sadly still in use, but was bought new & placed in the barn!!!!!! I WANT THAT PUMP!!! -- i know of other farmers that keep theyre pumps in the barn, pull up to the door & fuel up! the pump is as cherry as could be!!!!!!!

hey pump freak congratulations on your scoreS!!!!! you did goooooooooood!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by tom 2 tone (edited 01-19-2004).]

#30326 Tue Jan 20 2004 07:06 PM
Well, the GPS has been placed under Toms truck and Tonya Harding has been hired!!!!!

I will soon have that wayne 60!!

Ryan

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

#30327 Tue Jan 20 2004 07:11 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i am inspired...Ya ready Elvis?...Lets roll...yahhhooooo.

------------------
Hubba the GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Shoreline WA

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
#30328 Tue Jan 20 2004 08:00 PM
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
Hubba... I am more than ready!

I remember the good old days when gold was worth more than rust!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved