Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#303610 Thu Feb 09 2012 02:38 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Hello, my Wayne 70 did not come with the service door or the ID tag that would have the serial number on it. I know its a Wayne 70, but do not have a serial number or UL number.

I have purchased the door and replacement ID tag, and would like to stamp on a serial, model and UL number to complete the restoration.

1. Is there a serial located anywhere else on the unit that I might be able to find?

2. Is there some generic serial I could use?

3. Where it says Model No. (MOD) is it just "70" for Wayne 70?

4. Is the UL number standard, or would it be as unique as the serial number? If it is standard what would it be?

Thanks.

Jeremy Kinsey
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Rasputin #303779 Fri Feb 10 2012 09:12 AM
R
OP Offline
R
A little update here. Since I bought and restored this for me to enjoy, I decided to do the following.

I entered "70" for the Model number.
I entered "013071KCMO" for the Serial. My birth date and birth place. Then proceeded to do the same for my Son in the UL area.

It's more personalized and has some meaning. If I ever find a way to find the real serial, I can always get another plate.

Jeremy Kinsey
Rasputin #303815 Fri Feb 10 2012 12:42 PM
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Jeremy, great idea, i am glad to see someone else is a bit creative. I restored a WAYNE 615 and used our wedding anniversary date as a serial number. We were married on Dec. 23 1956 so 12231956 seemed like a good S/N.

Norm Huff

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved