Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Wes is right on here..lenses were made in eastern Canada a long time ago and not dated...they are good, very good so its almost impossible to tell the difference..(i would like to know by whom though) they have caused nothing but grief with the white rose lenses ever since. Unless i picked the globe i would not buy it..

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
John don't be on the defensive on this subject,,, Canadianoilguy was asking for opinions, you gave yours and I gave mine..I have been in eastern Canada ( mainly Ontario ) all my life,, thats where they originated from in the 70's. I'm NOT a globe collector like you, but I do know the White Rose lense history..and it's not good...I know the original makers of these lenses.. great guys but back in the day it was not thought of to mark these lenses.. serious collecting hadn't started here in those days. Minuteman is a globe collector and knowledgable on Canadian lenses,,glad to here him chime in on them too..
I also never said they were real or unreal, they might quite possibly be real but in my opinion you can't honestly tell by looking at a picutre on this site, thats all I was saying. ( I don't mean to belabour this subject, I just wanted to make clear of what I said. )

Last edited by Wes Hague; Mon Feb 13 2012 05:45 PM.

Wes.......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Dave's Garage
That's a reproduction set of lens. I don't agree with Jarvis. Lots of reproduction lens are deep notched. Service Station Nostalgia (Kim WIDRICK) out of Alberta, Canada was reproducing lense that were deep notched and were made of thick glass. If you mounted them in a body from Gas Pump Haven (their bodies use to have thinner groves) the body would have the gap at the bottom. If you mounted the same lens in one of Scott Anderson's (Time Passages) bodies (wider groove) it would fit perfect.
Lot's of reproduction lens have no markings.

Dave you say no one can make an assesment based on photos yet you call them reproductions. How can YOU be sure. John just said they LOOKED real.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jim, They don't know for sure... they are jumping to conclusions it's a repop. I would like to know what they seen that made it a repop. I guess if there is 1 real one for every 30 repops than i guess the odds of it being a repop are pretty good. LOL

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mr. Jarvis...do not stop putting in your "two cents worth". All opinions are encouraged. You guys are the experts and giving your opinions to rookies like the rest of us helps us make informed decisions. Thanks! Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved