Print Thread
#30615 Fri Nov 25 2005 02:50 AM
H
OP Offline
H
Hello,
i´m a collector from germany.
4 weeks ago i placed an order at www.gaspumpheaven.com

They told me, that it will take 5-10 days to deliver the package to Germany.

But up to now, I didn´t receive anything. Also my several Mail are unanswered.

Do anybody knows something about gaspumpheaven ?!

Thank you and best regards
HAWK

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#30616 Fri Nov 25 2005 06:35 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hawk,
I just ordered last Monday and received my shipment this Wednesday...after speaking with Diane. You should speak with her directly at 402.592.1710 so she can help you clear up the confusion.
Kim

------------------

Wanted
*SuperAmerica SA, Holiday or Erickson
*Loxtercamp, Greenwald Service, Greenwald Standard Oil.
*Grey Crown Globe, Standard Oil Signs, Posters
#30617 Fri Nov 25 2005 07:40 AM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Hawk....we ship overseas frequently and sometimes the post office will tell us 5-10 days, but that doesn't mean it's gonna be that way. We work very closely with Andy & Diane and I highly doubt they've forgotten you. Unless a shipment goes overseas via UPS or BAX, tracking is next to impossible. Give them a call and give them opportunity to tell you what happened directly. Seth @ Vic's '66'

#30618 Fri Nov 25 2005 09:03 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hawk, Don't get discouraged. You are dealing with the best! Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
#30619 Fri Nov 25 2005 09:36 AM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I know from experience of my own that overseas shipping can be terrible. I shipped some oil cans to Australia & they took almost 2 1/2 months to get there. Things also get held up in customs witch delay things drasticly. If you call them I am sure things are ok.

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
#30620 Fri Nov 25 2005 12:03 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Thank you for your help !!

It was just "strange" that I got no answer on my mails.

But now, everything is clarified.

Best regards from snowy/cold (north) Germany !!

HAWK

#30621 Fri Nov 25 2005 03:40 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have bought somthing like 175 items off ebay and several other items from different sellers here on Oldgas and elseware. I would say that USPS shipping is very good. The best I have ever experienced is receiving the parts four days after purchase from a Mustang retailer in Oregon.
UPS is not an option outside the USA.

I have not received anything at all at three occasions. All of those the sellers have been very polite until I claim nothing has arrived - then total silence.

One major problem I experience all the time is over charging. I buy mostly cans and small stuff, and know the weight of the item. I suggest a shipping alternative and cost (selected from the USPS homepage), and the sellers claim it cost more, I think OK, they must pack very well. I pay for airmail and the stuff arrive six weeks later and has been shipped surface mail.:-(

This problem has not occured when buying from Oldgas members - T-way, Hubba, 5quart, Scott (quartcans), GP Rob, you are GREAT to deal with! I have also dealt with Webers and Vics - No problems.
I am sure that Gas Pump Heaven are good to deal with also.

Tanks for letting me ramble - just had an experience like this, last week...

Claes (Sweden)

[This message has been edited by fast66 (edited 11-25-2005).]

#30622 Sat Nov 26 2005 05:30 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Claes, You are always a class act to deal with and thanks for the kind words about me and the fellow oldgassers.

Hawk don't be discouraged Andy and Diane are super to deal with as well and you too Seth.

------------------
Scott Shipers
WANTED: Jayhawk Oil
Kansas City, Missouri

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
#30623 Sat Nov 26 2005 08:11 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I know from experience that oversees shipping can be very slow. Even recieving packages from Cananda takes 2-3 weeks. Does any country have a slower postal system than Canada?

In defense of the sellers that you think are over charging for shipping nearly every time I've gotten a shipping quote for oversees shipping (not Canada) from the USPS web site it has cost me more to ship than what the web site said.

I've never heard anything bad about Gaspumpheaven.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#30624 Sat Nov 26 2005 08:32 AM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
This time of year is ridiculous for mail-order. From 12/1 until Christmas, there will be someone at our place packing orders 24 hours a day, and sometimes several people. Sometimes an e-mail can get shuffled to the back.

As far as int'l shipping goes, USPS is definitely the cheapest. But they are also the least reliable. To some countries, they are like clock-work....to others, you can just bank on a problem occuring. Heaven forbid something DOES get lost, they do not have ANY sort of tracking system in place. Nor will they act on any sort of claim for a good 3-6 months. They are the only game in town for small items, but for larger orders, we use BAX Global every time.
They are reasonably priced and they offer door-to-door service to just about anywhere in the world. I realize the post office seems like the logical choice in most cases, but with the experience of shipping 3-5 international orders daily, they are not always the best choice. It all boils down to the fact that you can't track and they won't pay ANY claim. Vic's '66' has been in business since 1991 and in that time, we have NEVER had a claim paid by the post office. UPS doesn't always pay, but they usually do. BAX has NEVER, NOT ONE TIME, damaged a shipment. A lot of factors weigh in to the decision, and we will normally do what the customer requires, except we stopped shipping glass thru the P.O. unless the customer assumes the risk.

#30625 Sun Nov 27 2005 03:49 AM
H
OP Offline
H
I was just suprised, because the last time handling/delivering/etc. was excellent with/from Gaspumpheaven.

The Package arrived yesterday in Germany .... now it´s blocked in the german custom.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..............

Thanks again and Merry Christmas !

HAWK

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved