Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#30635 Mon Mar 13 2006 08:26 PM
D
dwm3 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I’m in the process of cleaning up a few porcelain signs that I’ve recently purchased. I’ve searched prior threads and have found several good tips, but still have an unanswered question. I have a sign with lots of scratches and scuffing and have been able to improve it some using a power buffer with various grades of compound. It seems that paint buffing compound is not aggressive enough for porcelain. Looking through the Eastwood catalog, I found this glass polishing kit and thought it might work on porcelain. Has anybody tried it? Obviously, I will try it first on the back of a single sided sign or the poor side of a double sided one to see if it works. Any comments? Thanks. Don
http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?item***2010&itemType=PRODUCT

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#30636 Tue Mar 14 2006 12:30 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi, I did a search on "clean porcelain" here on Oldgas, (right under the "post reply" button) and got a page full of answers only from the "General petroliana" forum. Maybe you'll find some good method in one of them?
rgds
Claes

[This message has been edited by fast66 (edited 03-14-2006).]

#30637 Tue Mar 14 2006 06:13 AM
D
dwm3 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
It looks like the link I provided only takes you to the Eastwood home page. Search under "Glass Polishing Kit" or item #40011. I did search for porecelain polishing questions, but found nothing on the Eastwood system. Seems like a good idea since porcelain is just glass melted onto metal, more or less. Has anyone tried it?

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved