Next Thread
Print Thread
#30696 Sun Apr 29 2007 05:17 PM
J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
A couple of you noticed that I haven't been on in almost 3 weeks, because, in the words of Strother Martin "It was time to get in the box to get my head straight."
I was going so many different ways I had to quit doing many of them just to catch up.
The biggest thing I did was to launch a new website:
www.petrolianacollectibles.com

I lauched it but none of the images came up so I had to go back and change the names on every image. The website has over 2600 files and over 2700 images. By far the largest website devoted mostly to this hobby.

I mentioned it on the new site, but thought I would say it here also. My way of giving back will be to post pages (suitable for copying and putting in a loose leaf book) of all the other thing you find in a service station and bulk plants. I will be posting pages on buckets, oil racks, oil bottles, all the thing no one has written a book about.

Two other things I will also be doing. I have started working with the moderator of the "Pump of the Month" section of the Old Gas website, supplying information on the pump he will be featuring that month.

I will also begin again supplying Gas Pump articles to "Check the Oil Magazine."

Picture of the Day, starts again today.

Thanks for you support,
Jack Sim
Author, Gas Pump Identification book and Air Meter Identification book. www.petrolianacollectibles.com

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#30697 Sun Apr 29 2007 05:22 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow.

Look forward to checking it out.

Thanks for all you do.

Always looking for Ithaca Gun and Lucky Sam soda items!!!

#30698 Sun Apr 29 2007 06:52 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jack,
Your gon'a half'ta RETIRE from DARTS, to get all this done !
BEST OF LUCK,
db

#30699 Sun Apr 29 2007 07:12 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Jack,

Congrats on the new web site - looks great so far. Can't wait for more, got my notebook and sheet protectors ready to go!!!!

#30700 Sun Apr 29 2007 07:15 PM
Online Cool
Wow, Jack, you got a serious "to do" list. Take care of that heart.

Are you going to fit in time to work on the updated new version of the Illustrated Gas Pumps book? How is it coming?

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#30701 Sun Apr 29 2007 07:32 PM
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Nice website!! But please do us all a favor and tone down the red a little. It's a killer on the eyes (squint, squint) to focus on the links. IMO

#30702 Sun Apr 29 2007 07:35 PM
J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
I work on the Gas Pump book everyday, also am working on the Air Meter book. Spend a lot of time on the computer. My wife has just about taken over the ECO parts business. I only pull the parts she can't find. Our gas pump literature business is going crazy also.
I take a rest between things, but am not giving up darts. I am the oldest (71) active dart player in the St. Louis area, both steel and soft darts. I play soft tip darts two nights a week and steel darts at least once a week. Rated A in both.
Got to do something in the evening.
Wife won't let me drink beer, drink only wine now. Have lost about 30 lbs. since the heart attack in December, feel better also. Once you slow down, it is hard to get started again.
Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#30703 Sun Apr 29 2007 07:45 PM
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Jack it will be a pleasure working with you on pump of the month. I will need yours and everyones help to make to make it work. Richard

#30704 Sun Apr 29 2007 09:10 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Really nice Jack...really liked the section of Vee Dub's....since I own 4 vintage ones...
paddy

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved