Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#305715 Sat Feb 18 2012 01:53 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I have a Hayes square visible pump that is missing the cast iron top. I have the cast piece that goes on top of the cylinder but I think I am missing more than just the top. Would anyone have pictures of what all the pieces are that make up the top portion of this pump and how it goes together.

Thanks, Jerry

hayes top.jpg Hayes bottom.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
You are just missing the cylinder rods, top, light manifold and three angle brackets that hold the top on. The conduit and light manifold can be easily made up along with the brackets. I will try to get pics of mine for you.

Thanks, Phil
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Not sure what all is missing but this one does not use rods to hold the cylinder. The cylinder is held in place by that top cast piece you have and a pipe cap on the middle pipe.

The top for this one is reproduced and it is the one without the ears on it just a cone type top. like this http://www.gaspumpheaven.com/shop/home.php?cat=273

Last edited by Jay Leeper; Sat Feb 18 2012 05:23 PM.

Jay Leeper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Contact Ron Scobie to see if he has the Cast Bonnet, w/ or w/o the light ears & Globe ring. Jay is correct that this HAYES Didn't use Rods.
IF your missing the pump handle, all HAYES used a piece of 1/2" pipe w/ a cast fitting that slipped over pump shaft.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I'm still looking for a couple of pictures of how the top all goes together for this pump. From emails that I have received there are a couple of other members on this site that have the same pump and are missing the same pieces as I am.

Thanks again
Jerry

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have a Wichita which is the same as your Hayes and the top just sits on top of the cap that tightens the cylinder down. Nothing holds it on but its own weight. If you tip it sideways it will fall off.

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Originally Posted By: 42packard
I'm still looking for a couple of pictures of how the top all goes together for this pump. From emails that I have received there are a couple of other members on this site that have the same pump and are missing the same pieces as I am.

Thanks again
Jerry

Take gas pump, set cylinder in place, put on "s" shaped piece that you have there, and tighten down with 1 BIG nut onto your center pipe. The bonnet then just sits on top of that and is held on by gravity alone.

Daveb #307059 Thu Feb 23 2012 05:47 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Keith & Dave ARE CORRECT, there ISN'T anything besides Gravity holding the Bonnet on.
On my 15gal Senior I added a homemade pipe washer [larger than globe ring center hole] & pipe nut to electrical conduit to hold bonnet on.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved