Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#309329 - Sat Mar 03 2012 06:00 PM Re: Shipping full motor oil cans [Re: MetroPetro]
kburkett Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: hilldale,mi 49242
You never want to lie about contents with USPS. Packages do get opened and inspected. Years a go I had a package delivered postage due because I cut down a preprinted priority mailing label. I just tell them I am shipping an oil can and that has never been a problem. I try tooship all cans in seled zip locks. Spray cans just have to go surface not air.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#310306 - Wed Mar 07 2012 05:16 PM Re: Shipping full motor oil cans [Re: MetroPetro]
slyle133 Offline

Loc: North East
I ship spray cans all the time. They always ask "Anything liquid, fragile, hazardous or bla bla bla" something along those lines. I was always told paint and hazardous items can be shipped, but they are not allowed to go priority. Sometimes I receive cans that have a little airplane with the circle slash over it. Never any issues. Having people pack with enough padding is a whole other thread. I have had full pressureized spray cans shipped in small boxes with no padding at all wrapped around them.......

#310323 - Wed Mar 07 2012 06:13 PM Re: Shipping full motor oil cans [Re: slyle133]
56chiefstar Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Adelanto Ca USA
Pretty upset with Fedex at this time, shipped a rare early 1900s framed beer paper sign,they destroyed it. I worked for the post office many years and the clerks would throw one package on top of other, that is why I pack real well yet this still happens occassionally.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog7 

| Check our Book Store for related resources |

Copyright 2014 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved