Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
B
Simple question and are these lenses marked with a year they were produced?

Last edited by blacktee; Sat Feb 25 2012 07:37 AM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
From what i read Pogo made these lenses as a limited run years ago. Jim (t-way) bought the business of making globes from Lance. Jim says he bought previous run globes and everything to make lenses. Lance says t-way only bought what he needs to make lenses.

Jim Oldgas locked the thread because that topic was not going to go anywhere but down hill. Those to need to privately email each other and work it out or hire lawyers.

Everyone else adding there comments would not help the situation any so i am guessing that is why the thread was locked.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
It is concerning and we did not get an answer on Markings or dating. It came up on another thread a while back on a Old Polly that someone made and was not dated. Just want an answer ! I believe each maker marks their product and dates it.

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I can only speak to the lenses I purchased from Lance when I bought the company - they were all dated or marked in some way to indicate that they were newer reproductions.

And everything I reproduce that is gasoline related is dated with the year the image was first introduced to the public. I WILL NOT reproduce an original image without at least the current year on the lens somewhere.

Some of the 'Custom Runs' I have done for customers were not reproductions of old lenses, but new custom-designed art done for current companies or very special projects. These usually have a date, but not always. But if you look at our 'Custom Globes' page, you'll see lenses like the 'Mike's Oilfield' lenses or the 'smiling woman's face' lenses that are obviously not vintage images.

As I have stated on other occasions, if anyone has ANY questions for me, feel free to call or e-mail me - or stop and see me at one of the shows.

Later . . .

Jim

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Craig Osbeck
It is concerning and we did not get an answer on Markings or dating. It came up on another thread a while back on a Old Polly that someone made and was not dated. Just want an answer ! I believe each maker marks their product and dates it.

Craig, the fact that at least 2 fake Polly lenses came out of the Seattle area is a good indication that not everyone marked their lenses. Do a search for the thread from last year, I put the guy's name in that sold them, shouldn't be hard to trace back from his name who made them.

B
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
B
Why don't you just come out and say it Neil, instead of all this double secret talk.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: blacktee
Why don't you just come out and say it Neil, instead of all this double secret talk.

LOL, all I can think of is Animal House and double secret probation. To answer your question it's because I don't want to put myself in the position of getting in a pi*&^&ing match with anyone on here, which is what it would result in. If you do decide to go back to that thread you can see the guy's name that I'm talking about, he's a scoundrel to say the least and he almost got away with a 20,000 dollar robbery. Who'd he get the unmarked globes from? That's what I think someone else should determine, I didn't see the guy do it so I can't say for %100 certainty but if it walks, quacks like a duck, chances are it's a duck. What amazes me about this whole deal is that I think no matter where you're from we all hate unmarked repo's, particularly one's that are meant to deceive and when you start talking about the kind of money involved it's beyond the ebay shenanigans that go on. Also understand the motivation to make an unmarked repo, money pure and simple, not to mention the damage it does to the hobby and the value of original items, all points that I think people can agree on. Anybody who knowingly has done this should be tarred and feathered. Sorry to not answer your question directly but information worth having is worth working for. If this ticks off anyone other than the globe maker who did this then I apologize in advance, not trying to stir up trouble but I feel pretty strongly about thieves.

Last edited by Neil Gerrard; Sun Feb 26 2012 02:29 PM.
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D

Last edited by Daveb; Sun Feb 26 2012 03:11 PM.
The more current Polly Globe Lens topic was locked because both sides clearly stated their position and we were getting further comments posted by third parties that violated our Membership Agreement and were removed. The moderators decided it would not be in the community's best interest to have additional third party comments such as that.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The Polly Ethyls were marked "WWW.POGOGAS.COM 2003", I produced approximately 20 of the 200 sets intended. Every globe that leaves my shop is marked with either WWW,POGOGAS,COM, REPRODUCTION,or the YEAR.

Visit our Website or FaceBook Page

Lance @ Pogos Garage

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved