Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
HI-OCTANE #226397 Sun Jan 16 2011 09:07 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
maybe they were in bulk plant(s) and were never issued? There are always new discoveries. I got a globe a few years ago that was rummored to be made but no one had ever seen one...know its real because I found it in a old bulk plant with straw packing..It was listed in new discoveries in PCM a while back and I got lots of emails and phone calls...just wouldn't sell and I still have it packed away....It just puzzles me that a pump plate and none has ever found on a pump or a picture of one on a pump or a former employee...this one on ebay sure looks real even grommets and the back...oh well. the worst thing is I didn't get it, if it was real. The best thing is I still have my money.

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
texaspelican #226994 Tue Jan 18 2011 11:14 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
it sold for over a $1000.
Does the buyer know something we don't?
Was there shill going on?
Did the buyer buy a fantasy?

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
texaspelican #227156 Wed Jan 19 2011 06:56 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
We have guys out here in New Mexico that have been collecting gas & oil stuff for about 20 years or so. Long before I got the bug, and I have talked to them about these Malco pump plates on number of occasions and They say they never made them. But there could have been maybe just one jobber that had a few made or maybe some were made for the refineriery in Arttesia, New Mexico. But every one of these that has come up for sale was out of Texas. I don't even think Malco was in Texas. But these things sure look real to me with the gray porcelain back and the rack marks and the split grommets. So who knows. Would think a beat up one would turn up some where.

HI-OCTANE #228597 Tue Jan 25 2011 06:13 PM
T
T
Sometimes the mouse is so busy studying the trap,that he totally misses the fact that he`s sitting on a block of ***** while doing it. That plate has ALL the looks,colors,and graphic lines of a good old pc. Just cause we`ve not seen one somewhere means little cause we might be seeing it now. I`m not a Malco expert,but have found lots of great signs over the years that nobody saw,and used to take advice from naysayers. I once sold a fabulous tin Hershey sign that an old "expert" guaranteed me wasn`t real cause he never saw on in 30 years of dealing.I regret it to this day.Porcelain signs could be made in small quantities,not used and stored away. We`ve all seen it. The seller has great feedback,and doesn`t look like he sells signs in general. If I collected plates,I`d be a player on that one. Just my O P I N I O N !!!

Tydolwave #228690 Wed Jan 26 2011 04:50 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Very similar to the signs that were produced by the guy who went to jail (I think)
for selling fake items.

HI-OCTANE #308742 Wed Feb 29 2012 11:34 PM
G
G
Originally Posted By: HI-OCTANE
We have guys out here in New Mexico that have been collecting gas & oil stuff for about 20 years or so. Long before I got the bug, and I have talked to them about these Malco pump plates on number of occasions and They say they never made them. But there could have been maybe just one jobber that had a few made or maybe some were made for the refineriery in Arttesia, New Mexico. But every one of these that has come up for sale was out of Texas. I don't even think Malco was in Texas. But these things sure look real to me with the gray porcelain back and the rack marks and the split grommets. So who knows. Would think a beat up one would turn up some where.
There was Malco stations in El Paso,a friend told me one still has the sign up on Montana I think.

GM-Approved #315740 Fri Mar 30 2012 07:15 AM
M
M
The Malco sign in El Paso is actually on Paisano next to a transmission parts dealer. There is also one here in Las Cruces still on the pole at a construction co. Also, one in Elephant Butte right off I-25. Anyway, I have never seen this pump plate either and have been picking for over 20 years here in New Mexico. I have had the credit cards honored here and the round one with the thunderbird.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved