Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#30889 Thu May 26 2005 04:08 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I just aquired my first pump a Wayne 80 (I'm very excited).Pictures below.

The pump needs to be gutted and restored.My question is when gutting the pump what do I need to keep intact? I realize the computer but after that I'm at a loss.

as far as restoring it looks to be fairly straight forward don't think that'll be a problem.the pump is real straight no rust except on the top and only minor dents.Parts seem to be readily available for the pump so thats a bonus.

To put a globe on top of the pump do I need to get a new top or is there a kit to adapt the current top?I'm going to restore as a mobil special.

I plan to take lots of pictures during the resto & may post them here when I finish?here's some befor pics.

Thanks for looking & any help appreciated.

Got Socony???

Tom
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#30890 Thu May 26 2005 04:37 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It is completely up to you what you keep. But having said that, keep the computer, site glass manifold and light assembly. The rest is junk. This pump does not have a hose retractor. But that is just another heavy item not needed. If you get one that has it, simply run the retractor cord inside and tie off. They are for display now. Remember K.I.S.S.(Keep It Simply Stupid) Have fun and welcome to the best site on the net. Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
#30891 Thu May 26 2005 05:15 PM
S
S
Hey that was my first

[This message has been edited by ssrcobra (edited 05-26-2005).]

Cool garage stuff is the best
#30892 Fri May 27 2005 06:31 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
pump is now disassembled down to the computer & I must say it went extremely well for having no idea what I was doing.2 hours & only the computer to pull i was shocked as was my wife when she came home from getting groceries...

Got Socony???

Tom
#30893 Fri May 27 2005 06:40 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
nochevy, the M&S 80 is a great pump! It's acceptable to remove any internal parts that one cannot see from the exterior.
Regarding a globe, you can order a repro (or find an original) globe base, cut a 3 1/2" hole in the top and bolt it on (probably 10-32 or 10-24 would be about the right bolt size).
Good luck, let me know when you get it finished and I'll hook you up with Jason who handles the "Restoration of the Month" thread. We's all LOVE to see the transformation!
Good luck!!

Neal

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved