Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
I have two G&B T-8 curb pumps. Both of them had a hole chisled out on the top of the door which allowed a pipe to be run out through the top to which a gas hose was attached.

Am I correct in assuming that if these pumps were bought new to pump gas they came with a pipe coming out of the top. If they were bought to pump oil or kerosene they didn't have the riser pipe and that some people adapted them to pump gas by chiseling out the top and putting a riser pipe on it?

What was the faucet used for, to pump into a pail or can? Thanks.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Tim , Some of these pumps in the farm areas were used to pump Distiiate = white gas for starter motors on Cats. and the distillate was also used to start old low compression motors , then was switched to gas-o-line, also the distillate was use in stoves, lanterns, so I would say thats what the valves are for. now two valves ??? you got me. I'll call the old time tomarrow and ask.

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
The upper picture is a composite of the two different pumps. Both showing the faucet. You could either pump through the riser pipe or open the faucet and pump through it.

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Faucet is for pail or small container, on a bowser with doors the faucet swings out and has a hook to hold the pail. Faucet is easier than using a Bannana nozzle to fill a small container. I think the nozzle was more for filling vehicles. Looks like your door is easy fix if they just folded the material back. Your faucets may have been changed they look akward to use.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>> In the PNW is the correct name "Bannana Slug nozzle" ???...LOL..dodogas

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved