Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Originally Posted By: Oldgas
In this case, several posts were moved out of public view not by me, but by one of our moderators.

I will pipe in here.... It was me.

I was sent a notification by another member about the post and after reading the post I agreed that it was against many of the user agreement rules and was in no way beneficial to this forum.... so I moved it into the moderators only section which is not viewable to the general forum members.

It is helpful when members use the notify button when they see a post that might be in question. Sometimes I dont agree, but another moderator/administrator does and moves it... sometimes the topic stays, it all depends. I tend to error on caution, a topic can always be moved back to the proper section if it is decided that a wrong choice was made. It wouldnt be the first time I was wrong at something. (but maybe the second, LOL... Just kidding.)

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
RIGHT ON RYAN!!

Robert

Searching For SunRay DX and Diamond Oil Signs
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Jim runs this site with alot of class. I may not agree with everyone on everything and have had post removed and been visited about my post but looking back Jim runs a big kindergarden and does it well. He carefully chooses his moderators and I am proud of the job they do and to be a member of this site.
Steve good luck on your next site and you do have a nice collection but goodbye!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There is another site? lol
Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I was at Peotone talking with a few other collectors that post here on oldgas and we decided Jim must be one special guy to put up with this website day after day reading almost every post. I can only imagine some of the emails he has gotten over the years.

Jim does a great job running a friendly website were most of the time i don't have to worry even if my 9 year old was to read it. Bottom line is it's Jims website and his rules which everyone agreed to... people don't like it they can always go start there own site and see were that goes.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
Originally Posted By: Alex
I can appreciate your issue. If I were to post a "Wanted to Buy" I would ask the potential sellers to PM me and not have it in the public forum. Just my two-cents.

Great point by ALEX!

I am hoping that we all learned something from this thread ...
SELLERS will do "PM" to communicate with the person who initiates an inquiry about a wanted item.

I believe it is a FAIR request!

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Greed ,ignorance, and arrogance often pass integrity in real life. Either they are too arrogant to know they are greedy or too ignorant to know. I have had good deals and bad, on this website and others. There are a ton of good people on here, and in the gas and oil collecting community to do business with. There are also some bad ones too and I simply will not do business with them if they have burnt me in the past. This website and it's moderators are 1st class all the way...PERIOD. The people who would contest this are the same people snaking you out of a deal or offering more money for something after it was sold. The whole "if the deal falls through, let me know" is a window for greed to rear it's head. Luckily, a very good percentage of the people on here are 1st class as well.

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Originally Posted By: chadrock00
Greed ,ignorance, and arrogance often pass integrity in real life. The whole "if the deal falls through, let me know" is a window for greed to rear it's head. Luckily, a very good percentage of the people on here are 1st class as well.

That was a pretty hard stab in the side, only done this once,and reading others post,I think I won't do it again. After several days it didn't look like the 1st deal was going to happen,as it seemed to be in slow crawl.EXCUSES -EXCUSES. I won't wear the label as snake in the grass,sorry. I did admit I done it in this public forum.

Last edited by Loyd Pierce; Thu Mar 08 2012 02:31 PM.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Over the years I have questioned some of the things Jim or one of the moderators have done, but I have always recieved good reasons for their actions.

They have rules, when we signed on to be a part of this site, we agreed to follow their rules.

I don't believe that questioning the integrity of any of our moderators has any place on this site. I also don't believe Jim is getting rich from the advertisors, because that is about all the income this site provides, and I don't remember being charged a fee to join this group.

Jim,Ryan, etc. keep up the good work.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Jim,Ryan, etc. keep up the good work.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: chadrock00
The whole "if the deal falls through, let me know" is a window for greed to rear it's head.

Couldn't disagree more. If I'm a potential buyer I don't know that the item is sold until you tell me. If I inquire about it and you tell me it's sold there is absolutley nothing wrong with letting you know I have interest if your deal falls through.

And...for the seller it's good to know I've got other people interested if my potential buyer drops out.

Once a deal is struck it would be wrong for somebody else to come in and offer more money to the seller, trying to get him to change his mind...or asking a different buyer if he would give you more money than what it's already sold for.

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
I'm with ohio oil on this one, the last paragraph pretty much says it for me. Greed is a powerful thing. ;;;;;;;;;Ron

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree with Ohio Oil- Just to lazy to type all that.

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
CAN`T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!.....I GUESS THAT IS A "NO"...BEING A BUSINESS OWNER I ALWAYS WANTED TO PLEASE EVERYONE OF MY CUSTOMERS . AND I DID FOR ABOUT 12 YRS. THEN I SNAPPED AND REALIZED THAT I`M BETTER OFF WITHOUT THE PROBLEM CUSTOMERS AND MY LIFE IS SO MUCH SIMPLER....ALSO THANKS FOR THE SITE JIM .....

Last edited by POLESIGNKID; Sat Mar 10 2012 12:14 PM. Reason: BECAUSE

Cities service, Vickers, Gas and Auto neons, next exit/ ahead signs and now I'm getting into globes....

AKA PARIS HILTON!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Why should we all get along? Each and everyone of us is an individual. We think differently, we have different experiences and we collect differently...... If siblings don't get along at times, if spouses don't get along at times, if best friends don't get along at times.... How can/why should we be any different?

Most of us will never meet..... The older members will have some life experiences that younger members will never have. Some younger members will have life experiences that older members won't have.

Everyone of us has our own standards and definitions of what is "right and wrong" and that includes the definition of Integrity....

I have no problem contacting a seller about an item... I won't step on someone else's deal... I will ask if the seller has another one of the item(s), if I am interested in it.... At times I will contact a seller and ask them to keep an eye peeled for another one of the items... If a deal falls through, I hope that the seller will contact me to see if I am still interested? At times, I have wanted an item enough that I picked up elsewhere. I try to always contact the seller of the first item, to let them know I found said item and I am not in the market for one anymore....

To me these are all acceptable. To someone else they might not be, but I don't care what someone else thinks.... I have to live my life in the terms I feel are correct. I can't, none of us can, live our lives according to someone else's standards....

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved