Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#31072 Sun Jul 22 2007 08:55 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
At times like this I think of a movie called LIFE OF BRIAN.

And as I start to whistle my feet start to swing, and I whistle a tune called,

"TAKE A LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE"

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#31073 Sun Jul 22 2007 09:40 PM
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
My thoughts are that things got out of hand and you cannot argue that point, so the moderator took action to stop it.
It is what it is and maybe we can all learn from it and move on.
And the bottom line is those who moderate this site do not condone this negativity on THEIR site nor should they.

Ed
#31074 Mon Jul 23 2007 12:00 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
DODO, godd reference with "Life of Brian" although few will get it, how about a change of tone to this thread and another classic from Monty Python,
Monty Python Lumberjack Song Lyrics

I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK
I sleep all night and I work all day.

Chorus:
He's a lumberjack and he's OK
He sleeps all night and he works all day.

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch
I go to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea

Mounties:
He cuts down trees, he eats his lunch
He goes to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays he goes shopping and has buttered scones for tea.

Chorus:

I cut down trees, I skip and jump
I like to press wild flowers.
I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars.

Mounties:
He cuts down trees, he skips and jumps
He likes to press wild flowers.
He puts on women's clothing and hangs around in bars?!

Chorus:

I cut down trees, I wear high heels
Suspenders and a bra.
I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear Papa!!

Mounties:
I cut down trees, I wear high heels?!
Suspenders...and a bra?!...

Just the Lumberjack:
I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear Papa!!

#31075 Mon Jul 23 2007 03:20 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I thought "He"was an asset to this sight.In Roman times they would kill the messenger..after awhile no one wants to be the messenger.

#31076 Mon Jul 23 2007 04:05 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
But I came here for an argument.....
No you didn't
Yes I did
No you didn't
Sorry your time is up
No it isn't
I'm sorry I'm not allowed to argue unless you've paid..

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
#31077 Mon Jul 23 2007 04:54 AM
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
RIGHT;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

#31078 Mon Jul 23 2007 08:00 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Let's see, someone gets kicked off the site. So.... they get someone else to do their posting for them. Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of having moderators keeping the place clean?? If that person disagrees with what happened they should take it up with the moderators and it should end there. This kind of stuff is getting pretty commonplace with most internet message boards. (unfortunately)

#31079 Tue Jul 24 2007 05:17 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
well Roger this will be my LAST post on this topic...Roger you have seen the posts and a few old gassers addressed the original question & we apprecite that, however a couple got very personnel about things.....

..one of the posters who i don't even know attacked me by saying i find fault in everything & everyone, then asks me to go down to the river with him in Des Moines as he is sure i can walk on water , then he wants to compare collections?..wow! wow! wow!

i will not get personal here on this forum

.....just for the record i have many many great friends in this hobby & have done it full time for over 15 years & part time for another 10 years; i have also been a member here at old gas since 2002; however i still won't attack these people on this forum,,but i will defend myself.......
then another guy says i have been involved in all of the problems this week.........well Roger i am sure you get the point, there are a FEW people here who don't care about your efforts to help this hobby, instead they continue to attack & try to kill the messenger, however it won't happen ........

... from the emails you & I have recieved we know better......I can understand your supporters not wanting to get involved with the risk of being attacked, belittled, humiliated, however a few have risked facing these public attacks of humiliation & belittling & we commend you for standing strong.........well Roger i know these tactics won't work with you & they definitely don't intimidate me, these guys are a very small minority in a much bigger picture & their words are in black & white even if some of them try & hide them in cryptic posts........ I would love to see more guys like Pablo step up & voice their POSITIVE opinions on this matter........We don't need anymore attacks here & PLEASE only positive remarks need apply...if you have anything negative to say please send me an email (roadrelics@aol.com)& keep it OFF this topic........

...I think i will go watch Judge Judy & try to get something constructive done today....i know 18 holes with great friends will be a start..........

[This message has been edited by roadrelics@aol.com (edited 07-24-2007).]

[This message has been edited by roadrelics@aol.com (edited 07-24-2007).]

#31080 Tue Jul 24 2007 03:49 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
well..I personally didnt like this post to begin with but it looks as it has run its course so I am locking it. Please remember that the moderators dont take sides and we just want ALL members to follow the user agreement for the good of the community as a whole. You can have your opinions and refer to us as the "Gustapo" but remember our jobs as moderators for the most part is a thankless one, we do it for our love of the hobby and for the good of the oldgas community. I for one am very busy in the summer and get a bit frustrated when the moderators need to take action. We have better more profitable things to do than babysit a public forum..but we do it, because we love the Hobby. PLEASE, use this site as it was intended for positive constructive comments/critisisms and information and comrodary. If you need a refresher course on whats acceptable..PLEASE reread the user agreement. thanks everyone for their opinions and participation on shoptalk.

------------------
Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK and humble moderator

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved