Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: ThatDude
As far as being an "historian of trucks" No or obvioslly I wouldn't need help about a truck sign.

You misunderstood Bills post (Alwayslookin). He meant the guy in the link that he provided.

Last edited by JimT; Sun Mar 25 2012 05:17 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yes. I did read your post.

Didnt you say that you sold one like this?

Dont you live in the same city as this Company?

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
T
OP Offline
T
Yes I do I live in Kingsport where the company home office was but they have been out of business for many years. I said i had the horizontal sign like this one but it was different. It said "Mason Dixon and Lines Where The North meets The South" Also it was in rough shape I sold it at the Dixie gas show last year. This sign is different and in great shape.

T
OP Offline
T
thanks, sorry

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'd bet that signs on trucks were decals/vinyl [just think of liability of one flying off!] & sign posted was used at agents office's [200 vs 800 owner/operator trucks].
Check w/ local Museum, sometimes they will offer to buy/trade for something they want.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The reality is... You live in the same town as that Company. And you have also sold a similar sign. Its without a doubt, that you have more experience with this company, than the combined membership of Oldgas.

Please allow me to bow out gracefully. Thank YOU!

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
T
OP Offline
T
Listen I just posted a picture and asked if anyone but myself ever had one or seen one for sale... Its not about who has more experience then anyone else, I am new to this site and never before yesterday asked anything on here, but if this is how it always is it will be my last post. Thanks

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sometimes you need a thick skin around here. Some like to shoot from the hip and some like to a** off, but the vast majority are quite nice and helpful.
Thanks for posting the sign. I had only seen one other (not for sale) in the 25 years or so that I've been noticing and collecting and it was in the Charlotte NC area. I'd be willing to bet the sign is meant to depict Grant and Lee reconciling. As far as being on a trailer-well, like you said, the photo documents that and I have seen many other trucking companies (even into the 70's and probably early 80's) that attached signs onto their trailers here in the South.
Welcome to Old Gas.

I will concede the point that there is no way to absolutely determine whether the sign on the truck is a decal or metal sign.

Last edited by Dave Richey; Sun Mar 25 2012 07:16 PM.

Collecting the Mississippi companies:
Billups, Southland, Rose Oil,Crystal Oil, Barq's
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I too have seen many trucks in the northeast with actual signs, (porcelain,metal,wood) attached to the boxes vs. decals. I am sure there were plenty on the trailers where most of them probably still are sitting in storage yards and elsewhere.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
T
OP Offline
T
Im just a guy with a question I dont want any trouble with anyone or to start a bad rep!

K
K
Hello...did this sign sell
.I would be a buyer...209-822-5573 thanks

This thread is over 10 years old. The guy posting about the sign has not logged into this forum for 9 years.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
1 member likes this: Kingsport sign colle
K
K
Lol..I know it's a shot in the dark but I have been looking for these signs for a while now. Came across this thread in a Google search...if anyone has one I will buy...209-822-5573..thanks

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved