Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Ohio Oil #314990 Mon Mar 26 2012 03:03 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Originally Posted By: Ohio Oil

Chuck got it right, the hobby and websites devoted to it have always had disagreements. Why..because you have imperfect people involved.

And nobody is perfect.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
TheRoyalCrown #315003 Mon Mar 26 2012 03:57 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Remember when we had good discussions on this sight and not this Bull $h!t every day!!!! Some on here are worse than a bunch of 14 year old girls!! If ya don't have anything good to say or Petro related stuff don't start stupid threads like this!! Nuff Said...........................

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
Esse's Garage #315005 Mon Mar 26 2012 03:59 PM
Remember when nobody bickered?..... Me either.LOL

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

V
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
V
Im with Hillside on this. Whatever he meant.
But seriously, I understand Jim's point about not having to look at the value forum, and I rarely do. However, the whole "flipping" attitude has seemed to take over the site. There are a lot more "members" now but many just ask the value of something. I miss new members asking questions about the history or the pump they just got, or should they strip the guts or not, or the paint code. I miss the guys who scored something cool and were excited to post it here.
Basically, this was a collectors site, and now there is an influx of flippers who know little and contribute even less. I still enjoy the site and appreciate Jim's efforts, but I come here less often now.

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
Vermonter #315547 Thu Mar 29 2012 11:51 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Vermonter
Basically, this was a collectors site, and now there is an influx of flippers who know little and contribute even less.

yup...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
gulfiend! #315548 Thu Mar 29 2012 12:00 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sorry Esse, but this place wazzzzzzzzzzzzz a great place to be , BEFORE.

I will answer the questions I can concerning oil history and problems in restoration . As for the Quick Buck crowd ......... I got some ole Bondo shavins fer ya ............ Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
eshaver #315549 Thu Mar 29 2012 12:10 PM
Originally Posted By: eshaver
Sorry Esse, but this place wazzzzzzzzzzzzz a great place to be , BEFORE.

I will answer the questions I can concerning oil history and problems in restoration . As for the Quick Buck crowd ......... I got some ole Bondo shavins fer ya ............ Ed Shaver

For a place that sucks so bad... you sure are on here alot.

Ryan Underthun #315551 Thu Mar 29 2012 12:39 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Im ready for a lock!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
gasoildude #315555 Thu Mar 29 2012 12:51 PM
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
This is really going too far down the wrong road. I think everyone on here would help out the other guy given the chance in person if possible. Lets just keep that in mind and move on.

Craig
Craig Osbeck #315556 Thu Mar 29 2012 12:55 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Originally Posted By: Craig Osbeck
This is really going too far down the wrong road. I think everyone on here would help out the other guy given the chance in person if possible. Lets just keep that in mind and move on.

Amen smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
gasoildude #315565 Thu Mar 29 2012 02:59 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I disagree. I think this thread should never be locked,ever.When you have members from across the country with very different times in the hobby for very different reasons expressing honest opinions and thoughts,to me it is imperative that they be presented to the forum for consideration.Agree or disagree,but at least listen when that many cumulative years of experience is talking.

BTW Ryan,that's not the first time you told a member to leave if they don't like the way things are going.I think that is sad.

Old Iron #315574 Thu Mar 29 2012 03:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Old Iron

BTW Ryan,that's not the first time you told a member to leave if they don't like the way things are going.I think that is sad.

For the record. I never said that I thought he should leave. Go a couple posts above this and read it again.

Twisting words around that I did not type to fit your agenda is what is really sad.

I Stated a fact.. for something that he is complaining about so harshly, he sure does participate and awful lot.

Here is the straight scoop. If you dont like fast food, then go to McDonalds and get a cheeseburger, you have no business complaining to the management that it is fast food.

Its quite simple. If you dont like the value section, DONT READ IT! Nobody is forcing anybody to read anything. If you dont like the For Sale section... DONT READ IT! End of story, its that simple folks!

I dont understand why so many of you have such a problem with this.

Some of you want to argue and complain because you have nothing better to do. I stated the facts, as harsh as they are.

Ryan Underthun #315578 Thu Mar 29 2012 03:47 PM
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I'm confused, I don't see the post where Ryan told somebody they should leave. Did it get removed?

Mr.Wadhams #315582 Thu Mar 29 2012 04:04 PM
TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
Originally Posted By: Mr.Wadhams
A majority of this bickering lately has been about and against the "pickers" ....the ones that only got interested in petro-collectibles when they found out about the major money that can be made from it's sale. They are ONLY in it for the money. If it wasn't for the money to be made....they would not spend two minutes on this site. They only come on here to do quick and lazy research to price their goods.

Long ago I posted that this site should ban the free appraisels....asking of values. I perceived that was not the intentions of this site. That went over like a lead balloon. Later the subject of a seperate catagory for these appraisels was brought up...I whole heartedly agreed that this was a good compromise so this escalating amount of value questions did not clutter the general discussion.

If free appraisels were banned...a lot of these perceived freeloaders would just go away, or not even register. They would have to put forth a little effort to research their asking prices themselves. That value section is becoming more of a problem all the time....and to me it is of little value to anyone who really cares about collectng. There are ample ways to value something these days..without a bunch of collectors (and pickers)disagreeing with each other....starting these bickering sessions.

Jim

You hit the nail on the head.....the real Pickers do not need this site for values it's the pokers that need it.

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
bppierce #315583 Thu Mar 29 2012 04:07 PM
Originally Posted By: bppierce
I'm confused, I don't see the post where Ryan told somebody they should leave. Did it get removed?

Nothing has been removed......that I am aware of anyways.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved