Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I sent a question to him asking about the listing as a reproduction. I was not interested in buying but after seeing this thread I wanted to read his response to my inquiry. Here is the correspondence:

Why do you call this an original and a "Holy Grail" when it is listed as a reproduction?

with all due respect, "holy grail" is my opinion. I am uncertain who has this listed as a reproduction. I surely didn't elude to it being a reproduction. This is an original telechron mobil oil neon clock form the 60's. I only fixed items that wore out.

I hope you join the bidding, this clock is much more impressive in person than the pictures show.
Sincerely,

and a 2nd reply:

i now see where you got reproduction. That is a crucial mistake. I must have not clarified when listing this, and it defaulted to "reprod uction" . I may have to end the auction, and relist, It will not let me make the change, as I have bids. I will post this answer so all can see, I hate to start this all over. Rest Assured, This is not a reproduction. This is an awesome original, that will probably sell alot less than its true value.
Sincerely,

It may be an old Telechron clock but it certainly didn't start life as a Mobil clock.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I know it just links to eBay , but that is kind of a neat site(collectors weekly). (how you can track the watchers) although I don't like how eBay puts up all those fake page fronts on web searches that lead you to their site. perhaps the watch count was high for the clock because alot of people, myself included watched it because of this forum.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

he sent me these before it ended.i think he really believes it was real.

Last edited by oldnfuelish; Fri Mar 30 2012 11:42 AM.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
he either didn't add it or is playing dumb.. cool

RANDY
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
that looks really fake close up , with the "Telechron" that close to the pegasus. like Richard said something about thats the newer pegasus. it's Like putting a Sinclair dino sign on a 1930's pump. seller probably wanted to believe to was real, wanted a pay day. new buyer wants to believe it's real cause he just spent time and $ on it.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...no, that's the same artwork as the earlier Pegasus - it's just facing the wrong direction...the ca. 1965 version of the Pegasus is much more streamlined and less detailed...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
This seller is definitely a scammer with the mobil clocks
items:
150728821776 he finds honesty only in the obvious repo
150783539890 the subject of this thread
attic heirlooms 4 u
apparently hes got several of these decals...

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Another dishonest e-Bay seller peddling "junk".

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
next he'll be selling DIGITAL clocks with the pegasus glued on them. LOL My guess is he bought them at an auction somewhere, that yrs ago some old guy thought as a hobby he should turn all his clocks into Mobilgas ones.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved