B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Didnt glenn have alot of pumps too?? What about those?/

WANTED: TOKHEIM NOZZLES
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#31899 Sun Jul 15 2007 07:12 AM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
He's keeping his pumps I guess....I sold a bunch of globes for him in my '05 auction, maybe he'll sell the pumps later.

#31900 Sun Jul 15 2007 07:40 AM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Whether at auction live or on the internet if a person wants something and has the money sometimes the final price makes little difference.All I wanted from there I bought with the exception of a couple if items of which a good friend was high bidder.I have done business with Dan and Aumann on internet and in person for years and luckily never been burned yet.
And I know some people on this site just like to start finding fault in others replies and thoughts.
A great way to welcome the new members, I am sure that makes them anxious to post

#31901 Sun Jul 15 2007 09:15 AM
H
H
Souperhigh nailed it in their reply. As long as I know the condition, rarity and authenticity of the item I'm bidding on, then price in certain situations does not matter. The Zirkle Auction was a good auction....some items high, some others low. The pricing tapered off after the first day....some items got trapped with too many good pieces and would have gotten more in another auction. Pricing on the rarer items was about right.

#31902 Sun Jul 15 2007 09:23 AM
H
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
H
Souperhigh also nailed it at the end of his reply...... think about it.

"And I know some people on this site just like to start finding fault in others replies and thoughts.
A great way to welcome the new members, I am sure that makes them anxious to post"

#31903 Sun Jul 15 2007 09:56 AM
R
R
I to, was surprised at top prices on restored signs. Maybe finally, quality restoration on signs is gaining respect, like fine art restoration does. I usually do not buy restored signs but I did buy one at this auction that is restored on one side. Good auction and well run. If a sign is suspect as new the autioner will tell the crowd before hand or pull the sign; it pays to have audio on your computer when biding.

#31904 Sun Jul 15 2007 03:14 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I got to talk to Dan for a little bit after the auction last night. Overall we thought some of the pieces brought some strong money....obviously the rare and usual, but looking through the listings, there were actually quite a few bargins to be had as well. I saw several nice pieces that I already own and paid a heck of a lot more for then when I purchased them than what they sold for in the auction. I probably would have purchased more than I did if I were able to attend. Unfortunately the pieces I wanted the most far exceeded my $$ comfort level.

------------------
Chuck
smile
Signs Wanted: Sunset, Clipper, Habor, Indian, Powerlube, Beacon, Sinclar Aircraft

Chuck
smile
Signs Wanted: Sunset, Clipper, Harbor, Indian Motorcycle, Powerlube, Beacon, Michelin, Conoco MM
#31905 Sun Jul 15 2007 03:36 PM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Glenn sold most of his pumps last spring. They pretty much stayed here on the left coast.

#31906 Sun Jul 15 2007 05:20 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
I would have to disagree on the restored signs selling high. Let me also add I was glad to see it, as I do not believe a restored sign should even be considered in the same category as an original. I've never had a sign restored so I have NO idea what it costs to have one done.

Obviously I'm not a big believer in restored signs myself. But besides the 30" Paragon and Sunset the other restored items we're fairly cheap. Plus if the Paragon and Sunset had each been original and in excellent condition they would have been thousands more. And in the Sunsets case easily double in price!!

I wasn't there in person so I have no idea how nice the restoration was nor who did it. A lot of them were advertised as professional restoration, so I would assume they looked beautiful. But a 42" Husky Service sign restored on both sides only brought $3000. Hell I doubt you could get the sign restored that cheap. Plus there were several 30" restored signs that sold in the 1200-1500 range (Fleet-Wing Ethyl and Red Crown General Motors) both come to mine. And sgain cheaper than the restoration would cost.

But I agree with everybody else it was like any typical auction.....Some stuff high, some low, and a lot right where it should be.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved