Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
OP Offline
N
Exactly! its not the same sign has the one on pg 33, which just proves even more that the so called "EXPERT" once again doesnt know whats hes talking about. Yea I like twilight and the sad part for Thermoman is that on my worst day I could be watching twilight, do my shipping, list 20 items to eBay, return phone calls, manage employees and still have time to once again show you how much you really dont know and all this before he even wakes up. Ryan if your going to quote a page number at least know what the hell your talking about(How Embarrassing) Its the same thing as yesterday, some of you guys don't like the fact that a 5'6' 125lbs blond female can keep up with you and give you a run for your money. This isn't my first rodeo and believe me I'm used to the ***** talking and down playing but you not once have proved me wrong about anything I have said. Its not my fault that instead of turning over rocks looking for the next treasure you 2 would rather play grab ***** and cheer-lead for each other. I can guarantee that you have no chance to #1 Out Smart Me, #2 Out Think me and #3 there is not a chance in hell you could compete with me in put downs or insults, I come from a large Italian Family and being the only girl with 6 Brothers there isn't anything you could say that would hurt my feelings. I wasn't even going to say a word today but just couldn't keep my mouth shut and you leave yourself open like you did. We all know that nothing I say is going to hurt that sign. If you dont want to bid then dont! Nobody is pulling your strings. There are over 100 million active users on eBay and it only takes two of them to make an auction. As far as you calling it "FEEBAY" that tells me you either got kicked off or you had no clue what you were doing and lost your ***** as a seller. Give me a break like Im going to list something and just say "OLD UGLY SIGN" bid if you want to. Of course you want people to list like that so you can continue to underpay and run game on people. So now that your running home with your tails between your legs let me know when you actually want to shut-up long enough to learn something cause its obvious you talk to much and I need a another intern to fetch my coffee in the mornings!

Last edited by noreservegirl; Sun May 06 2012 01:05 PM.
The sign is defiantly not the same. I never proclaimed to be an Expert, if you can find where I said that, quote it. There only are a hand full of people that I would consider an expert. Its not the first time I have been wrong and certainly will not be the last.

I still stand my my statement that I HIGHLY doubt that the sign in question is the only one in existence due to your countless hours of searching the inter-web.

Nobody here is trying to outsmart, out think, or compete with you. Get over yourself already.

Last edited by Ryan Underthun; Sun May 06 2012 01:11 PM.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Someone posted a action figure of fellow kicking a dead horse in another highly contested post.

BRING ON THE HORSE.!

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
N
OP Offline
N
Not once have I said anything until provoked too. I am not in any way even trying to compete or think its some competition.. I joined this site after a friend of mine who collects oil cans told me about after we uncovered the sign. Its just networking and building up relationships with collectors and like minded people. You will have to forgive me if I'm a little over passionate about all this but this is my whole life. I have built a very successful business out of what is called "picking". I work 14hour days most of the time and I am constantly looking to uncover or discover the next american treasure. Of course I get excited when something like this sign turns up because believe me you spend thousands and flip over a lot of rocks in-between. I wish it was really like all the new TV shows but in reality its not at all. We all know that 80-90% of the time its the lower end things that keep you going and the money coming in. When you do find something its rare but again not unique. I like the scale bottle collectors use it ranges from common to Unique(being only 5 known to exist). Rare falls somewhere in the middle. Rare to me is still 50-100 known to exist. So finding rare things is really not that hard. Is the sign the only one left that really exist? Who Knows! However, I also stand behind what I have said. Even if its not the only one, it would still fall in the unique category but until another one turns up Im not going to believe otherwise. I have spoke with many people over the last couple weeks regarding this sign from collectors to executives and have done my best to prove my myself wrong because believe me I dont want to be misleading or overstating anything. In this business you get to where I am by having a good reputation and a person of your word. Like most any other field or profession its a male dominated thing. Nothing has ever been given to me my whole entire life i was raised to earn everything by dedication, passion and plain old hard work. So if I come across as snobby or something that's not the case. Im not full of myself or think Im right all the time, Im not a know it all and dont claim to be but dont insult my intelligence or try to in so many words make me look stupid. On my listing I dont claim it to be the only one left because there could be one in mint condition under a bail of hay waiting for someone to find it and I sure wish they would just not until after mine sells. LOL just kidding. Its all in fun too. I could not ask for a better life for myself and dont want to come across like Im some stuck up bitch because Im really just average and laid back. At the end of the day people like us are all the same. "American Treasure Hunters"!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
SO,
does anyone else have a Better Blond Joke/Story?

N
OP Offline
N
O I cant wait to hear these? LOL

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If you had a one of a kind sign, no one would give you the dignity of knowing it!! You have ruined your chance for that. You have "soured" that sign!

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
noreservegirl,

I think you have proven yourself well in your posts, I HONESTLY think you would be a PERFECT fit on American Pickers. I urge you to send your resume' to them and include a transcript of this forum thread and I think you will have a good shot. Good luck...you go girl!!!

Jim

Last edited by Mr.Wadhams; Sun May 06 2012 05:37 PM. Reason: for the ignorant

Wanted: Wadhams - Bartles - O'neils - Items
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
New members to this site need to realize that there are many Petroleum collectors who do not post on the site or even are on the intranet; many of these collectors are older and have amassed great collections with many rare items. Due to the rarity of these pieces pictures have not been posted to prevent repops from being created. Due to the amount of art work and set up time by the sign company that printed the sign back in the 20’s or 30’s everyone can be rest assured that there was more than one of these signs produced.

Buying: Polarine / Red Crown Gasoline Globes and Signs, Early Chevrolet & United Motors Signs, and 1910's through 1940's Gas & Oil Signs.
F
F
I have followed this site for quite some time now, decided finally to become a member, now all people do it argue and be childish about a sign that a person is selling that not reproduction, that is in fact rare, that none of you actually own more than likely.

Why are you people talking about 90201 and Twilight, get a life and leave people alone, if you don't want to bid on it all you have to do is nothing! If you think that her description is not up to how you would do it, all you have to do is still nothing, but people would rather ***** and moan and pretend they will stop something.

There is no information being passed her, like another member said, all this is is entertaining. This site has gone way way way done hill due to its members and everyone being an expert at everything, including how to word your e-bay page, not quite the petro talk anymore on here.

Some highly intelligent person who said "Google" is not a good way to research things. May be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. If it is known, the internet will have it. if it doesn't, that is very uncommon. This is in a away one of a kind. She showed you hers, and no one can show them theirs.

Sign already has a bid, so looks like everyone can ***** and see what its worth in current world.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
[quote=FF87[not quite the petro talk anymore on here[/quote];
This site use to be just Petrolania & except for your posting of Mobil China For Sale, all other posting have been to sell Ice Cream/Soda Pop signs!

N
OP Offline
N
I appreciate everyone comments and thread posts even the ones who criticize cause I really can take it. I want everyone to know that I think the world of collectors and enthusiast alike. We are all passionate people otherwise we wouldn't be standing in long lines, sitting at auctions for countless hours for that one item that someone out bids us on, the early mornings to hit the yard sales and flea markets and the late nights at work so we could feed the addiction that boils inside of us all. I dont take to much personal any more in this business because I really am past the prove my self stage and my actions speak way more than my words. I want to hear what everyones real predictions on the sign are. Lets just play low-high because I know the ones waiting to bid on it surely dont want to say. God am I glad I diddt send this thing off to have it restored like I do other things like Coke Machines and Stuff. That would have been really bad.

This is enough.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved