Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Dick Bennett #325044 Thu May 10 2012 02:00 PM
P
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
P
I have Farm Bureau and went and talked with them today. They were amazed at what I collected and then they laughed when I told them the amount of insurance I needed. They said that old stuff can't be worth that much. Then, to my amazement, they called the main office and found out they do indeed cover these items. Must be photographed, itemized and appraised by an independent appraiser. I then proceeded to ask them to sign some documents that would guarantee my coverage of these items and was refused. Needless to say, I am exploring my options. The manager at the main office is supposed to call me back, I am not holding my breath.

Thanks, Phil

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
philmccauley #325085 Thu May 10 2012 06:02 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Call me cynical, but I can't help but think that in the event of a fire, they'll claim y'all stored flammable liquids incorrectly.

KEN BRUCE #325089 Thu May 10 2012 06:33 PM
TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
Originally Posted By: KEN BRUCE
Ok my barn was broken into last year and had several collectible visibles stolen. My home owners insurance did pay for them based on my personal value given to them at the time.
I'm just now going with Hagerty Auto Insurance becuase like a lot of what I just read I have well over $150,000 worth the pumps, some at my home, office and back at the barn.They do insure at all of locations. But the one thing you do want is insurance for sure. How do you replace 5 & 10 gallon Fry's that were like new?????

At the time I had hagerty one beacon was the underwritter....this is one reason I no longer use hagerty...one beacon is garbage when it comes to paying a claim.

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
57tbirdkid #325096 Thu May 10 2012 06:50 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I asked that question before Maps and my agent said you have to store a heck of a lot of oil in one location for it to be an issue. I prefer drained cans due to the fact that I use a lot of high shelving in my display, but I was also worried about the very issue you brought up so I questioned it.
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
DWSheffer #325099 Thu May 10 2012 07:19 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good discussion! Its sure got me thinking! I'm going to stop by and see my homeowners agent right away.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved