Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KZ1000 Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
ran across this photo today, My dad on the right in the van, my oldest brother on the left. pic was taken in 1967. He sterted this business from scratch in the early 60's and we were Gulf dealers till the early 70's then went independant.
I would love to have a copy of this black and white photo "colored" anybody know where to get that done?

Last edited by KZ1000; Sat May 12 2012 08:14 PM.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Cool picture.

Originally Posted By: KZ1000
I would love to have a copy of this black and white photo "colored" anybody know where to get that done?

My 5 year old granddaughter could do it for you but, you would'nt be too impressed ! grin

C
C
that's funny

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Cool pic!maybe check with a local photo shop?do they still exist?

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Though it's the end of the spring semester, you can probably find a local college art department teaching digital art where they might (or the teacher could recommend a student to do it) where they would take a high resolution image of the photo and digitally color the image they took and make you some prints. Be ready to supply the right colors for the equipment. I recommend that if you want to keep the costs down.

My printer here in Beltsvile Maryland has operated a photo shop for decades. When he copies my paintings he has me sit with him while he makes the adjustments on the computer to get the colors right etc. He got the colors of the gas station painting prints spot on. I wouldn't be suprised if he offered this kind of service, but I couldn't say what it would cost you.

In the age of the internet, if you can get him a good scan and it's something he does, this guy works hard to make sure the client gets what he/she wants. I am sure he would send you the work as he is doing it to make it to your satisfaction. They are closed on Sundays but his website is uphoto.com. Even if you don't see exactly that service, I would still ask him.

Now if ya' want a painting of it, that's another story.... grin

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved