Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#326884 Sat May 19 2012 01:23 AM
Nicole Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I think it's Saturday, but don't know what the weather is on account it's dark out there!

Woke because my foot itched and can't get back to sleep. What a lame thing to wake you up! And a real shame as the last few nights, they have been milling asphalt on the main road next to our house so I need that sleep.

Actually the milling time hasn't been that long, but its the large trucks collecting the millings, that seem to pass our house, down shifting ERRRRRRRUBLEEEEEEE every time they pass, to collect the millings for the rest of the road being done. I know they want to save their brakes, but can't they make an exception and use their brakes instead? Pu-leeeze? FOLKS IS TRYING TO SLEEP! Tho not a problem over night and this early AM as it was that darn itchy foot that woke me.

Enough of the start to my day. How are you all doing? smile

Nicole #326900 Sat May 19 2012 06:57 AM
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Morning all, Nicole I think you need to paint by night,sleep by day.
Another great day here,its yard sale day in neighborhood that I come through to get home. Looked like more junk to me. Exercise bikes,does everyone have one or do they just pass these around from one sale to the next.
HAGD-ALL!

Last edited by Loyd Pierce; Sat May 19 2012 06:58 AM. Reason: TAKE 2 TIMES

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good morning Nicole, Loyd and the Gang,
I feel for you Nicole. I was lucky and my body allowed me to sleep till 7:30 this morning so no complaints. But I never know.
Sun is out with a blue sky and I am building up enough courage to tackle the last galvanized water pipe in the bathroom. 4" from inside the wall to a shutoff valve. I've changed out two already, the first took a couple of minutes but the second almost took 17 hours from when I noticed it leaking to stopping it from leaking. Good times. I will definitely be saying a prayer before starting.
Awesome day to be alive.
Mike

bruzer75 #326925 Sat May 19 2012 09:02 AM
Good Morning everyone,

Mike, I have had that same sort of experience with a plumbing job. A small thing can end up being a big project. Good Luck!

We're going to "plan B" on one of out trips this year. The relatives we were to visit won't be there because of serious health treatments, keeping them elsewhere. Now we have airline tickets to go someplace at the wrong time and it will nearly double the original cost to change them to when it would work out. Wish we would have planned to drive instead of fly. Much easier to change that.

Have a great weekend out there in Oldgasland!

fordtruck2.jpg
From a truck seen on the far back lot of a local plant nursery.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Oldgas #326932 Sat May 19 2012 09:40 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Morning all ! Here at the shop fabricating some side spears for a station lighter. Someone will be glad to here that! LOL Looks like it's going to be a nice day in Derby City. Have a great one!

Rare pumps, Chevrolet items, Goldon Tip Gasoline, Marathon (running man)
Cell # 1-502-396-3435 email lowright@aol.com
LOWright #326961 Sat May 19 2012 02:28 PM
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Afternoon all, been busy all day then had to work all weekend on top of that. Hope all have a great weekend.

Thanks, Phil
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Lo all,good evening! Nice busy day,then took a ride with the nieghbors on their pontoon.if I can sell my boat,we might just look into one!

Maria upfront in the sun,and the neighbor on the left. Lol. !had a nice little ride on the Chain! Now maybe make some ribs on the grill.hagreat rest of the evening! Mick

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Hello All!
Nice dry weather here in Western KY. I think at one time I saw at the bank that it was 90 degrees!
Me and dad were finally able to go out and buy some stuff today. I was happy with my load, and will post BOTW pictures!!

Finished up the night by doing a little frog gigging, which was also successful!

Brandon

Brandon Ferguson
Central City, KY
Farm Related Advertising
bwfergus #327040 Sat May 19 2012 11:51 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: bwfergus
Finished up the night by doing a little frog gigging, which was also successful!

Alright, I have to ask. What exactly is "frog gigging" ?

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
It is pretty much frog hunting. You go to a pond and use either a frog gig (which is like a big spear with 3 or 5 prongs on the end.), or a .22 rifle. You walk around till you find one. Kill it, and they freeze them. You wait until you have a good amount, then you fry and eat their legs, it is alot like chicken.

Brandon Ferguson
Central City, KY
Farm Related Advertising

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved