Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#327515 Tue May 22 2012 05:51 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Morning all! Great looking sun shiny day here!
Some local carpenters are coming over to help me put up some sign hanger boards this morning! I'm running out of wall space and I need new spots to put up signs. I guess I could go to the ceiling like some do but its not condusive to viewing, so we'll skip the ceiling.
Have a great day on me!!--KEVIN

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
K W FRITH #327517 Tue May 22 2012 06:46 AM
Online Cool
Good morning everyone,

Had a doctor checkup yesterday, lunch with old friends and looked over a used car for my daughter. She bought the car. The few things wrong weren't deal-breakers considering the price.

Another nice day today in the 70s, but we're predicted to move into a week in the mid-90s with Texas air being pushed toward us. Glad I no longer have to work in a hot body shop next to a booth that bakes paint.

Have a great Tuesday out there in Oldgasland!

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Oldgas #327525 Tue May 22 2012 07:59 AM
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Morning Kevin and Jim, after hit and miss showers yesterday afternoon the forecast is a match to Jims. I'm also glad no more tire factory as it was hot even in winter.
Have grandson today as we will have him tuesdays and wednesdays now there is no play school. Working in garage this morning cleaning and service lawnmower,with short bike trip planned for tonight.
HAGD-ALL!

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Oldgas #327528 Tue May 22 2012 08:05 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good morning Kevin, Jim, Loyd and the Gas Land Gang,
Old Glory is flying this morning. Concrete had over 24 hours of drying time so it was time to raise the flag. Calm as could be but after awhile a nice breeze came by so I was able to get an action shot.

70% chance of rain yesterday and we got about 17 drops of rain. Not even enough to make a mess of all the pollen on the car. 50% chance today so we'll see what happens. Very pleasant outside right now. Good day to be alive and raise the flag.
Mike

I pledge allegiance
To the flag
Of the United States of America
And to the Republic
For which it stands
One Nation
Under GOD,
Indivisible,
With Liberty
And Justice
For All

Flag 001.jpg
Last edited by bruzer75; Tue May 22 2012 08:06 AM.
bruzer75 #327529 Tue May 22 2012 08:10 AM
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Good Morning Old Gas Land!
It's been a busy day so far. Went out and voted for out local primary election this morning. Stopped at a local flea market, not a great haul, but it will pay for the gas.

Also killed these two copperhead snakes at about 1 AM this morning. The big one was 38 inches, small one was 31! Mom wasn't very happy when she found them on the front porch this morning!!!

HAGD ALL!

Brandon

me.jpg

Brandon Ferguson
Central City, KY
Farm Related Advertising
bwfergus #327551 Tue May 22 2012 09:58 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice flag pole Bruzer!!!! I wish my HOA would allow one.

Looking for anything JENNEY OIL OR GAS
LC 336 #327567 Tue May 22 2012 11:40 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good afternoon All.

Showery day here. Did some work at the job and brought home some homework to do inside. My flagpole is attached to my porch siding and well lit at night.

Copperhead...tastes like chicken! smile

HAGD!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
THE AMERICAN GARAGE #327612 Tue May 22 2012 04:57 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Whoa brandon!another reason I like living in the boring Midwest!no earthquakes,wildfires,hurricanes,and no copperheads! Just in from work.i remember when I used to enjoy being so busy I couldn't see straight.now it takes awhile to get that second wind! Saw a nice bubble clock on a call today too.lady is gonna ask her husband if it's for sale.any way,nice day here,and I'm done! Uh oh! Bella just drank some of my margarita I had sitting on the deck next to my chair! Lol I was not paying attention while I was typing!guess she will sleep well!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
oldnfuelish #327619 Tue May 22 2012 05:12 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice picture Bruzer! I fly my flag everyday weather permitting.

Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
st.rod #327691 Tue May 22 2012 10:33 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Copperheads are woodland snakes that only get to be 30 inches long...I'm afraid you may have killed a couple of corn snakes.

Corn snakes are close to being on the endangered list because folks kill them thinking they are copperheads. The corn snake used to be considered the 'farmers best friend' because they would keep down rodents in corn cribs. The corn snake has a similar pattern and varies in color as being similar to copperheads to a beautiful orange. It is a docile snake and not poisonous.

Also young black snakes also can be mistaken for copperheads as they have a similar pattern and are a brown color unlike the darker adults. The key to identifying copperheads is the slitted eyes. Below are links describing both copperheads and corn snakes.

http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/ReptilesAmphibians/Facts/FactSheets/Northerncopperhead.cfm

http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/ReptilesAmphibians/Facts/FactSheets/Cornsnake.cfm

BTW I used to move black snakes from my nursery beds to the surrounding woods on the nursery property because my part-time spring women's potting crews didn't like them much. I would gently pin them with a broom or the back of a hoe, and grab them by the back of the neck. On one of those trips, I happened to look up and two black snakes were hanging upside down in the tree over my head, mating.

I also once grabbed what I thought was a young (8 inches) black snake crossing the greenhouse floor. I wondered why it seemed so aggresive when I realized I had grabbed a baby copperhead. Stupid young me showing off. Since then I always look at the eyes, even of little garter snakes, before touching a snake.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved