Next Thread
Print Thread
S
skinfxr Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
I'm sure this has been discussed before but I couldn't find a thread. I just bought a 48in sinclair HC double sided porcelain sign. It has hardly any chips or scratches but because of exposure one side has lost its gloss some. In some areas it has a chalky feel. Is there any way to return the gloss a little? Will car wax work? And if so what type? Thanks in advance for your expertise

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Leave it natural as it shows the aged patina of the sign. It you like dusting your garage as much as the house then an automotive wax will help bring some shine and gloss back. Try a pure polish first as I think it yields better results. There are many good brands out there, 3M, Mothers, Meguiars (3M owns), Klasse (Germany), etc.

Ron Gordon
Cell: 815.762.2616
Email: flash03@comcast.net
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think that one would be a candidate for Howards Feed & Wax. Its a furniture polish with a bees wax base and it lasts 9 months to a year and then needs reapplication. Will definitely bring out the shine though.
Google it to find a dealer near you.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Y
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
Y
I have always had good luck with scoots liquid gold aerosol spay on the porcelain that needs a lot of help,

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Any decent furniture oil will ad gloss to you sign and bring out the colors, normally. A little goes a long way though, as you do not want the sign to look like it is wet. Oil usually will last a couple months and all it takes is another wipe down. No harm to the sign either.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved