Print Thread
#33038 Mon Jan 21 2002 11:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am looking for some help identifying a gas pump I purchased a while ago.I dont know if there is a way of finding out what station brand,or poss original colors of this pump.
It stands about 54 inchs tall and has this info on id plate,tokheim,model 300,type c54rc,serial # 3-45021- 11-56.it has a bright red plexiglass top on it ,not the round ones for advertising but the domed top is plexi . can any one help me out
thanks Mike

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#33039 Tue Jan 22 2002 01:13 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
The Tokheim 300 was introduced in 1955. Gas pumps left the factory painted red. They could be painted other colors at additional cost. Large orders would be painted without charge. No one can tell you what the pump should be painted. Most of us strip the existing paint and paint the pump for one of the oil companies that were in business at the time. There are no gas pump police, nor are there shows where we take pumps to be judged, so enjoy your pump, if you worked at a Shell station, paint it orange and red, if you father was a Pure dealer, paint it blue and white, if you like Sinclair, paint it green and white. Your can even paint it Budweiser if you like the colors.
If you want any original literature such as a sales brochure, ad or parts/repair manual for the pump, I can supply all three.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#33040 Tue Jan 22 2002 06:13 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
If the top of the pump itself is translucent red plastic?...I believe that was for Conoco. I once had some of these pumps-some with red...some with green plastic tops. Came from a Conoco station and had the corresponding color triangle sign attached to each.Anyone else seen these?

Wanted: Wadhams - Bartles - O'neils - Items
#33041 Thu Jan 24 2002 09:52 PM
D
D
are you still on line?
Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Sim:
The Tokheim 300 was introduced in 1955. Gas pumps left the factory painted red. They could be painted other colors at additional cost. Large orders would be painted without charge. No one can tell you what the pump should be painted. Most of us strip the existing paint and paint the pump for one of the oil companies that were in business at the time. There are no gas pump police, nor are there shows where we take pumps to be judged, so enjoy your pump, if you worked at a Shell station, paint it orange and red, if you father was a Pure dealer, paint it blue and white, if you like Sinclair, paint it green and white. Your can even paint it Budweiser if you like the colors.
If you want any original literature such as a sales brochure, ad or parts/repair manual for the pump, I can supply all three.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved