Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
Iniskim Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Found someone selling a Mobil carrying rack with 8 bottles - for $500! Is this too much? There are four "A" bottles and four "E" bottles. All are original, with the spout tops and with the caps that go on the spouts. The spouts and caps are slightly rusty, but only surface rust.

------------------
Iniskim

Iniskim
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I assume these are the "Filpruf" bottles? Are the signs on the carrier in good shape? Could you post a picture of the item?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If the spouts are 'rusty' - it's not a set of Filpruf bottles, just regular quart bottles with screw-on spouts and caps. Filpruf spouts were made out of a white metal that didn't rust - just oxidized.

Regular bottles sell on e-bay for around $15-$25, depending on who's bidding. Steel spouts go for around the same (or less depending on condition and whether or not the cap is present) with a decent bottle rack going in the $40 - $60 dollar range. A rack with a specific brand sign on it will go higher if the sign is ledgible and relativly clean.

The little caps for the spouts are reproduced by Ron Scobie and are inexpensive. Ron also has reproduction spouts in the 'Masters' brand. No one that I know of is reproducing the Mobile spouts.

Do the math and buy the set if it's clean and displays well.

Later . . .

Jim

I
Iniskim Offline OP
OP Offline
I
I don't think they are "Filpruf" bottles, and there aren't any signs on the carrier - I guess it's a generic one. Based on what you guys are saying, it sounds like he's asking for about twice what it's worth. Thanks much!

Iniskim

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved