Print Thread
#33068 Tue Mar 07 2006 03:17 PM
J
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
J
They keep getting better. Just got this from my companies security:

There’s another scam out on the Internet that looks like a message from eBay, the online auction business. Rather than using the old trick of pretending that your account details need to be updated immediately, this message looks like eBay has forwarded a question from someone who tried to buy something from you.
This “forwarded message” kind of e-mail is a normal part of eBay operations. Buyers use the feature to ask questions about items that are for sale.

The fake message contents are copied from a real eBay message and look authentic. There are variations, but one of the more “effective” messages looks like someone who bought something from you has paid you but hasn’t received the item. If you are someone who’s recently used eBay, you might well be convinced that there’s been some mix-up that needs to be straightened out. You can just click a link and answer the query, the message says.

Even if you have what you believe is a legitimate message that’s actually from eBay, the way to answer it is to use your browser to visit the eBay site, log in to your account, and click on the My Messages button. The same applies to other real sites you deal with—go to the site by typing in the real address yourself and following the appropriate links.

Be careful out there, Jeff

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#33069 Tue Mar 07 2006 03:27 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
This scam has been going on for some time. I dont answer any of them unless it is through Ebay directly.

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved