Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
M
thanks Doug

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice can.

Always looking for Ithaca Gun and Lucky Sam soda items!!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
OK Doug, Now post the HAVOLINE CAN !

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Your right, It looks near mint, Whatever you decide, make sure you let us know the final price, see if the earlier guesses were close, Rick

------------------
Visit 15th Annual MASS GAS BASH
September 7th 2008

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Which one you want to see Dick, sent you an email... It says it all !

Don't you have some cans to lid or something ?

M
M
In 45 years of owning this and other Indian cans I've never seen another one of these other than three times in auction pictures,none in very good shape.
I don't have the Warmans book that had one of these cans in it. I'd like to know how mine stands up against that one.Can anyone with the book tell me? thanks.

O
O
Greetings All,

Its been a couple years since I posted and the time has now come where my friend with this 1 Gal Indian Oil Can has decided to sell. It should be appearing in the Iowa Gas Auction catalog later this month. I believe the auction is on 6 AUGUST. Neither of us are serious petrolania collectors and several emails I recieved a couple years ago from this forum expressed an interest in wanting to purchase the can. My friend left the can in "as found" condition with the exception of some dirt being slightly cleaned off the pour cap before he realized he had a great find. I just wanted to provide an update so those who inquired wouldn't want to miss a chance at purchasing. Thanks to all who offered advice as it was well heeded in not touching the can for any restoration. If anyone is interested I can send or post some newer pictures.

O
O

Roy Reed Collection Petroliana Auction - Friday July 23, Saturday July 24, & Sunday July 25, 2004 12 Noon on Friday & 9 AM Sat. & Sun Central Daylight Savings Time

560 Indian Oil Valvoline Oil Company one-gallon flat tin can, both sides rated 9, has light wear 5,280.00

It would be nice to get half that. Any thoughts??

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That was 6 years ago. Can prices have declined drastically since then. Maybe they will come back someday, maybe not. I would be surprised if they ever reach that same level again.

Dennis Leith / Always looking for unusual Gilmore Oil Company items and Automobilia Displays
O
O
Could be an interesting auction in Iowa.

Bid Accepted!
High Bid: $1,000.00
By: rats84

Placing your bid. please wait... Lot # 183

Indian Motorcycle Oil by Valvoline Oil Company one gallon flat metal can, with great graphic,
display rated 8.25 has minor wear and scratches, reverse rated 7.5 more wear, has the original lid

O
O

Bid Accepted!
SOLD: $1,800.00Lot # 183

Indian Motorcycle Oil by Valvoline Oil Company one gallon flat metal can, with great graphic,
display rated 8.25 has minor wear and scratches, reverse rated 7.5 more wear, has the original lid

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved