#332894 Tue Jun 12 2012 04:49 PM
C
coopwyo Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Ok, so I am laying it on the line and going "all in!"

My class and I have been restoring an Erie 71 pump for the past 4 years, and we have been looking for a glass top for that whole time. This pump is being restored kind of as a museum piece that will be displayed at the bank in the town where I teach high school shop. We live in a very rural, agricultural town in SE Wyoming with a population of around 300. Most of you already know the story.

I've been collecting money since this project began to help finance the restoration.

One kid in my class even raised a feeder hog, had it butchered, and then sold raffle tickets for the two halves. He made some pretty good money and threw it in the pot to be spent on the pump.

I have now raised/collected $3500.00 which I am willing to spend on a glass top if anyone would want to sell theirs.

This pump is set to go on display in just a little over a month (if we can get it done!) So please, if anyone out there is interested in making a deal, please contact me.

In case you don't already know, I'm attaching a picture of the kind of top we're looking for.

Thanks for everyone's time.
Sincerely,
Chris

Erie pump top.jpg
coopwyo #333253 Wed Jun 13 2012 10:14 PM
C
coopwyo Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Nobody interested?

I saw in another thread about a glass 36B top that the price for originals is going to crash because some reproductions are about to come out.

Would that also be the case with the glass top for Erie pumps since there is a reproduction being made now?

Thanks!
Chris

coopwyo #333257 Wed Jun 13 2012 10:38 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
NOPE
I think you just answered your own question. Knowing that ERIE Resin tops are being made now & Your still looking for an Original Glass Top!
NO ONE has made a Correct REPOP GLASS TOP for ANY PUMP.
REPOP items just narrow the field down to those that can Afford Original Items.

Last edited by Dick Bennett; Wed Jun 13 2012 10:49 PM.
Dick Bennett #333502 Thu Jun 14 2012 07:50 PM
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
I made the repro plastic tops about 12-15 years ago and they have not made any difference in the price of a glass original top. Market for everything.

Craig

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved