Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#334012 Sun Jun 17 2012 08:32 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I am wanting to hang my larger 6 foot signs from the ceiling of my shop; they are in rings (see Sinclair sign) but I need to locate or get any ideas on brackets that will attach to the rings that will allow me to use chains to suspend them from the rafters. I know that some of the smaller sign rings had loops welded to the top outer side of the ring (see horizontal pic); I was hoping that there are brackets available similar to the one pictured in the Gulf sign that will work. Any information would be appreciated.

clips 3.jpg clips 4.jpg Clips 2.jpg Clips 1.jpg

Buying: Polarine / Red Crown Gasoline Globes and Signs, Early Chevrolet & United Motors Signs, and 1910's through 1940's Gas & Oil Signs.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You should have a little room to pass through below the top bolt of your band. Go across two rafter and bring back to center point at bolt above middle of sign?

Kris Strong
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mush safer to attach 2 chains w/ Clevis Shackles OR Bolts to sign, instead of just 1 point.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Uploaded with ImageShack.usThese are the clips you are looking for.You can have these for shipping only.PM sent

Last edited by hawkike; Sun Jun 17 2012 03:11 PM. Reason: pm
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks for the responses so far; Hawkike had a pair that will work for one of the signs; but I still need couple more sets. Does anyone know if they ever made a bracket like the one pictured on the Gulf sign that was for the rings that did not have the "V" shaped edge? My other rings have a flat edge, so I'm looking for one that attaches to the lip and then a Clevis devise can be attached as described by DB. Any pics etc... would be appreciated.

Buying: Polarine / Red Crown Gasoline Globes and Signs, Early Chevrolet & United Motors Signs, and 1910's through 1940's Gas & Oil Signs.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved