Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#335320 Thu Jun 21 2012 06:51 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Looking for a light socket that will work with this flashing arrow sign that I have been resurrecting! Another Old Gasser stepped up and has helped me locate a new flasher assembly and supplied me with all the bulbs I needed!
Everything works great but one of the bulb sockets is damaged beyond repair and I need one like it to finish the sign out!
Anyone have any old flashing sign parts, or know where I might get one of these units?
The socket itself is made of a bakelite material with a copper contact down in the center and another along the edge for the side contact.
The top piece is made to swivel and just pushes the wire down onto 2 sharp points that make the contact.

Exxon Sign & light sockets 002.JPG Arrow Sockets 001.JPG Arrow Sockets 002.JPG 001.JPG

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Nothing laying on the shelves for old flashing sign parts??

kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Sign Company???

Always looking for Hy-Flash Gas/Miller Oil, Hi-Speed Gas/ Hickok Oil and Paragon Refining items from Toledo,Ohio.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I kind of figured that we wouldn't find the exact piece, so I drove to the next big town (80 miles) and got a socket from a sign company there. It isn't exactly right as it attaches with a tightening ring on the back instead of the 2 screws thru the front----BUT-----it works! With a bulb screwed in and the sign up higher, it won't be noticeable at all. So the problem appears to be solved.
Now to mount it up on the wall and get power to it! I'm going to have to learn how to do you-tube videos so that I can show everyone how well it works!

kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved