Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Yes it will be hard to see them go... But I have soo many of of the 6' and 4' signs that I can't even display them anywhere.. I have the best 6' one and two of the best 4' ones in my collection on display in my garage. I think the signs would be better off with other collectors to enjoy then stuffed behind my shed.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Cool stuff just read the whole thread. Makes me want to start digging behind my fathers house were I grew up. Behind the house is the Remnant of my Uncle Benny's Gulf station and my father tells me a owned a few American stations around the area too. Its an overgrown jungle that has a shack made of toasted tin signs. They are totally unreadable now but about 30 years ago I remember seeing some of the graphics. To date the only legible sign was a 4 piece tin sign from the Gulf station that was a add promotion for a free set of kitchen knives with a fill up. I all so have the complete set of porcelain exterior panels to the Gulf "Ice Cube" station design. I'm in the process of cleaning them up and then I'm going to try to integrate them into the garage wall design.

-MAXGAS-
Looking for Independent Gas & Oil, Oilzum,& Early FORD dealership items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I know after selling my 1951 6' SSP Mobilgas shield last year, the only thing I could think of to put in it's place was the 1937 6' DSP Socony shield I purchased from bonjimmi back in the spring of 2008...5 years ago. It's Right on the outside wall of my garage where I do alot of my wood & misc projects.

Jimmy, I hope Little Lea is doing good! smile

Last edited by THE AMERICAN GARAGE; Sat Apr 20 2013 07:30 AM. Reason: name correction

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Hey Maxgas.... It too bad about the old signs, but get that gulf sign cleaned
Up and on the wall....

Doc..... I am glad you are enjoying the sign, it looks great...
Lea is doing great, We are kicking Type 1's *****... I can't believe it's been over 5 years now...

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Well the guy came today and bought all the signs. For all the guys that emailed me about the signs, Im sorry. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If someone meets your price,why not.
Thank you for taking us along for the dig,it was one of the best topics on here.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Hey guys... Is anyone going to the car show in Rhinebeck NY tomorrow or Sunday ? Some of my signs will be for sale in the swop meet. I will be there hanging out with some of my car buddies....

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I should be there by 7:30AM where they gonna be set up if you know?

Got Socony???

Tom
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Hey Tom, I think the gates open at 8 am and I am planning to be there then. The guy that is selling them I think has a booth I one of the buildings. His name is Rags.... I am sure he will have them all set up. Hopefully I will run into you there.

Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved