Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
GasCan Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Met up with a guy named Brad Lago yesterday and drove down to his beautiful lakeside acerage yesterday in Kettle Falls Washington. The scenery around his place was beautiful, and his man cave/pub and (under construction) Gilmore Station was simply spectacular to say the least.

(rolling into Kettle Falls and Lake Roosevelt)

(a view of the lake from the deck of his roadhouse pub)

(a shot from inside his pub/man cave)

(hard to imagine having a decked out pub like this that overlooks the lake)

more in next post...

Last edited by GasCan; Fri Jun 29 2012 09:50 AM.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
GasCan Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Some more pictures of his place which I couldn't tear myself away from. Was there for nearly 5 hours looking at a lot of his stuff.

(only part of his sign collection and lots of Gilmore stuff)

(here's the outside gas island where he's restoring 3 Tokeheim clock pumps at Gilmore station)

(getting ready to load up (4) pumps in my truck)

(nice Bennett 646 that I will do back up as a Richfield pump)

Also purchased but not seen in the pictures was a real clean Bennett 541 and a small mini lubester hand pump that I'll restore. The pumps I bought are all pretty clean and they have already been disassembled, but have all the parts. Now to get started stripping the panels down and getting them ready for body and paint while cleaning up a couple computers. The base for the 541 was broken so I need to find a new or reproduction base.

More later...

Last edited by GasCan; Fri Jun 29 2012 09:51 AM.
In the pub/ man cave picture there's a texaco marine lubricants flange sign.
Is that an original piece?or fantasy ? I've never seen one.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...most likely fantasy - lots of fantasy pieces in those pics...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
GasCan Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Didn't ask about the Texaco sign but lot's of stuff there are signs he made when he was into that stuff a decade ago. He used to build a lot of neons and has done some nice Gilmore signs for himself. Here are the pumps I picked up yesterday now that I've unloaded them all. I have all of the stainless frames, computers and parts to complete them once I have the bodies restored. Gonna start on them in a week or two.

GasCan Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Figured out what I'm gonna do with these pumps now. One Wayne 70 will be Red & white with Red Indian on it, the second Wayne 70 is going two tone in Gilmore, the Bennett 541 will be a Richfield and the Bennett 600 will be done in Polly. Have enough Texaco stuff now and it's time to break it up with some other branding in the cave. I'm thinking this will make a nice two tone wall with some other pieces around the pumps that are common to those brands.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved