Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#342748 Fri Jul 20 2012 05:15 AM
O
Oldpine Offline OP
OP Offline
O
For those who sell on ebay.
How do you respond to a buyer who bids on an auction where it is plainly stated that you do not ship to other countries, and then expects you to ship the item to Canada? I am trying to dispose of my remaining petroliana and other collectibles and the hassle of shipping to other countries just isn't worth it. What do you think? How would you handle this?

Tom

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Cancel the bid and block the bidder.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Shipping to Canada is no big deal, but over seas is a Pain and it seems take forever to get there.

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Agreed. Ship to Canada but add $$$ for shipping. It's no big deal like shipping overseas which I still will do because they will bid more money.

A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
If you have your auction set up correctly, people outside of the USA, cant bid.
Shipping to Canada is no big deal.

O
Oldpine Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Thanks for the replies. I will check on the costs, but next time I will handle it differently, maybe by blocking foreign bidders. If the winner had contacted me beforehand, it would have been different.

Thanks again,
Tom

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The large flat rate box is $37 I think for international shipping.

Wanted: Nebraska advertising items Cushman, Dempster, Archer oil etc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
You can have eBay cancel the bid and refund his money with the excuse that the buyer is asking you to ship to a country that you will not ship to. I had one US seller do this to me after I paid. I didn't want to get into a fight even though his auctions stated that he ships internationally. If it isn't stated in the auction, then all bidders outside the US should ask first, which is what I do. The big problem for Canadians is when the seller will only ship by Fed-Ex or UPS. The last $35 item I purchased with a $15 shipping fee also costed an extra $20 brokerage fee at my door when it arrived. Go USPS whenever possible. The US sellers I can't understand are the one selling Canadian imperial quarts but will not ship to Canada. This is where the larger market is for the Canadian stuff and yes we will pay a lot more for the right Canadian items. Hopefully I wasn't ranting too much. Cheers, Don.

O
Oldpine Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Thanks again guys for the info. We decided to send it USPS because it was rather light (a canvas banner) and the buyer agreed to the $9.15 it cost to ship, which was only about $5 more. IF a buyer was to ask me beforehand, I would likely ship to Canada on my auctions. I was kind of surprised that it went to Canada because I believe this is a southern US brand (Spur). I really appreciate the help.

Tom

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
come on guys'n'girls... i get quite a bit of parts from the states and if its not for the extra couple of minutes at the post office & the extra couple weeks wait for the parts, i cant get it to me in Melbourne Austral... lol...

easiest way, do it registered tracking, offer it and usuall the seller would pay the extra to get the part... :-)

Always looking for pre 1960 pumps in southern California but will buy multiple from one source if can freight
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I ship all the time to the USA, as well as buy a lot of stuff from the US and its just as easy sending either way. I ship at least a couple dozen packs a year to the USA and probably have 30-40 things shipped up to me every year. Doing my best to help support the economy. One 55 Chevy worth at a time.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
And for those who are insistent they won't ship to Canada, I have both a US address available and also use a shipping drop in Montana so I can drive down and pick things up. Probably do that a half dozen times a year picking up signs, parts and car stuff.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Cancel all foreign bids. TOO Much of OUR STUFF is being bought up by others in foreign countries.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I agree. And please send all of that Red Indian and White Rose stuff back north so we can all complete our collections. Lol

W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
Well Dick, you got me going,,, Canada is 10% of the US population,,( population here is 30ML and the US is 330 ML.) and about one 16th of that 10% might collect this stuff and you worry about all your stuff leaving the country,,,think about it,,at the same time all you US guys that think the same as Dick, send our Canadian stuff back too, we will be happy to pay you what you paid for it. Or I will anyway..

Last edited by Wes Hague; Sun Jul 22 2012 04:53 AM.

Wes.......
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved