Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have been collecting for 16 yrs.
I started BIG, 1st sign I bought was a 6 foot Texaco sign, and a 3 foot Polorine sign, although I found a sunoco and texaco sign the previous yr on our farmstead. I didn't start collecting till I bought the 6 footer.
1st book I got was in 1996 the Wayne and Scotts book Oil Company Signs. Which I think is still the best book out there, which I've read hundreds of times, hope someday they have a 2nd edition, hint hint.
1st globe Sky Chief, about 1998 then I needed places to put my globes and what better place then on top of gas pumps so started collecting those. and probably like most of you that leads to collecting cans, tire stands , patches, air meters, parking meters, etc. and have almost ran out of room for it all

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
p.s.
Wayne I wish you'd post more, you have alot of wisedom to share.
p.s.s.
how about a 2nd edition of Oil Company Signs ???

I'm a newbie to oil & gas collecting, but not to collecting in general.

I'm drawn to petroliana for a couple of reasons. When I started driving, I had a 72 Ford truck and did all the maintenance on it myself. I've not only changed oil but replaced the master cylinder, fuel pump, carb, packed wheel bearings, etc. I always kept a matchbook in the glove compartment in case I had to set the points on the fly!

My dad owned a Western Auto store when I was a kid, and I have the original sign from that. It's a cherished memento. Oil and gas sign collecting seems like a natural outgrowth from that.

I know absolutely nothing about antique gas pumps, and I'm interested to learn. Thanks to everyone here for sharing knowledge!

PS: I'm not disclosing how long I've been collecting because a lady never tells her age.... ;-)

Beth

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved