Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
HEllo all.
I have decided to do my next pump up in U.S. Motor Specs because I have never seen one restored plus I already have the ad glass and lense. Before I embark on this task I have some Questions for you all.
1) What was U.S Motor used for
2) When was its date of use ( this will determine what era pump I get
3) What was the color scheme for this brand
4) Price per gallon
5) Sinage? was there any , where can I get some or have some made.
Thanks in advance for all your help. The longer I do this the more I strive for 100% accurate resto's so this will help alot.If any one has some pics that would also be a great help

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Ryan I just bought a us motor specs globe awhile back and they date back to the very early thirties,3 I know of,one of the globes is actually a decal globe,being the earliest.I am trying to buy that one as we speak out of the original box!I am also doing my tok 39 in this scheme and I picked red and cream colors.I just bought the bars porc, sign from vics.You can try T-way but I havent heard anything from his decal guy in over 2 weeks,I was wanting some pennant stickers made?Do it the way you want it.Hope you find the info you need,Steve.

------------------

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ryan,
There were two main variations of Sinclair US Motor Spec globes.
The first design was white with red lettering.

This design was normally a 3pc glass globe, but Sinclair used decals on a regular glass body too. This design dates from the late 20's through 1933. The pumps used ad glass and decals to match the globe. According to the pump resto book the pump should be white with red base, top and horizontal features.
The second design US Motor Spec globes had a wide green or black band across the lower area.

Add glass and decal matched the globe. This design dates from 33-at least 38. Pumps were solid red.
Be sure to post pictures when you're done. Better yet take before, during and after pictures and walk everyone through the restoration process in a Restoration Of The Month feature!

[This message has been edited by Lastgas15 (edited 01-02-2006).]

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Motor Specifications or Motor Grade refers to a sub-regular grade of gasoline.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
We have originals of both versions of this globe for sale - I think we have 3 globes of the earlier version in stock.
Email us or call for infomation.
Some stuff pictured on our website: www.oilsign.com

------------------
Ron Bettin
740-774-OHIO(6446)
bettin@bright.net

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved