Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm 38, and have been collecting primarily gas and oil related ink blotters and road maps for the past 10 years. I've only recently started looking for Minnesota related oil items. My dad has been going to the Columbus and Des Moines shows for 15 years or so. I'd hear him talk about the shows, so I went with him more as a dad and son thing. I never thought I'd be collecting with him! Its been fun, and i've made a few friends along the way.

Alan
Collecting MN and Minneapolis gas and oil related items
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
46 now, but been collecting since I was in my late 20's.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm 27 and have been collecting on my own for about 6 years but my brother and I have spent the better part of our lives around this stuff. My father has collected for 30+ years and most of that time I was with him at what ever show he was attending. I think I was 7 when I attended my first Iowa Gas. My brother is 21 he too is an avid collector and has been for almost 5 years. It's a great hobby and we have made some great friends over the years, many of whom have influenced my own collecting.

Keith

M
M
I started at 33 now Im 43 with 22 pumps a few globes and signs it is worth every mile of driving to find something thats sitting in a barn or outside in a farm yard. You can meet some interesting people. marty

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
WOW, I am surprised to so many on the younger side. I am 36 and have been at this for a long time, but more seriously in the last 2-3 years.

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
I'm 36, but all the kids in my class think I must be at least 100 since I hate texting, computers, cell phones etc. and love old gas pumps and 1959 cadillacs.
Chris

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm almost 49 but act like I'm 25 if that counts.

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Started with hot rods and gas station related items in my 20's But with a boy and a girl and a wife the hobby was small scale. A big light appeared at the end of the tunnel when I realized how much money I was having when the kids got out on there own. My small car and gas station hobby has grown to many ground up street rod restorations and pumps. To the day I have ten pumps Ive restored and own, 5 restored oil dispensers , old porcelain signs, 55 big window chevy truck, 30 model A street rod and two harleys. All you young guys out there, wait till the kids are out of the house and remove the revolving door when they do leave and watch your passion grow!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
25 here, been playing with old junk since I was 14-15. Started digging out old trash dumps looking for Soda Bottles, Then moved on to old soda signs, Then to soda machines, and now buying petro on a weekly basis.

Joey

P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
I'm 30, but have been restoring gas pumps for a living since I was 13. I always joke that I've never had a "real" job. Just graduated law school so pumps will go to the back burner, but I doubt I'll ever be "done".

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm 23 and have been collecting petro for about 10 years...i'd rather go look for old junk than party any day.

Jerry

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I DON'T FEEL SO YOUNG NOW !FOR SOME REASON I THOUGHT THIS WAS A WAYYYYYYYY OLDER BUNCH!IM ON BOARD AT 30!BEEN COLLECTING 6 MONTHS OR SO, AND THIS S#!% HAS TAKEN OVER!SERIOUSLY!I'VE BEEN AROUND A PETROHOLIC MANY YEARS,MY GRANDFATHER WAS A COLLECTOR,WHO STARTED WITH HUMBLE OIL IN BAYTOWN ,TX LEFT MOST OF THE GOOD STUFF TO MY BROTHER,WHO WAS OLDER WHEN HE PASSED I WAS ONLY 11 AND AND GOT A BUNCH OF CHEESY STUFF ,LIKE FREAKIN TIGER TAILS ,BOX OF HUMBLE PINS! AND STUFF LIKE THAT! LOL GO FIGURE CUZ MY BROTHER LIVING IT UP IN HAWAII,WHO SURF'S 4 DAY'S A WEEK, & DOSE NOT COLLECT! "PERIOD" .I WILL BE GETTING THE ADVERTISING FROM MY BROTHER! BEEN WORKING ON THAT LATELY AS A MATTER OF FACT!,ALL I WAS TOLD WAS JESSE MY BROTHER HAD OVER 30 SIGNS FROM MY GRANDFATHERS COLLECTION,FROM HUMBLES EARLY DAYS ,TO AFTER STANDARD SHOWED UP !WHEN THE ENCO ESSO DEAL JUMPED OFF HE STARTED TRAVELING ALL OVER THE WORLD,NOW WHAT MY MOTHER TELLS ME IS THAT HE WAS BRINGING PIECES HOME FROM ALL OVER HOME????? I HAVE YET TO SEE ANY YET,BECAUSE OF MY SELFISH BROTHER! ANYHOW I WILL HAVE THOSE SIGNS ,ONE DAY!I HAVE LAID IT OUT TO MY BROTHER THAT THERE IS PROBABLY SOME VERY RARE STUFF THAT IS THERE,AND THEY NEED TO BE BROUGHT TO LIGHT! !TO BE RECOGNIZED AND HONER FOR OUR FAMILY HISTORY WITH HUMBLE OIL!I STILL HAVE KEN FOLK IN BAYTOWN TX, THAT WILL TELL YOU THAT IF IT WASNT FOR HUMBLE OIL,HARDLY ANYBODY WOULD OF HAD RESPECTABLE JOBS IN THOSE DAYS ,YA SEE HUMBLE OIL PROVIDED LOW INTEREST HOUSING FOR THE FOLKS PAYING DUES WITH HUMBLE,INCLUDING SOME OF MY MOTHER'S SIDE OF THE FAMILY,AGAIN THE TOWN WAS GROWING AROUND THIS REFINERY,MAKING IT POSSIBLE TO EARN GOOD MONEY BACK THEN!ANYWAYS WHEN I CAN SECURE EVERYTHING ,AND GET THESE PIECES TO TEXAS! I'LL BE A HAPPY CAMPER! BUT I LOVE THIS HOBBY!WOULD NOT TRADE IT FOR NOTHIN!

CHRIS
BUYING ANYTHING EARLY HUMBLE OIL CO.
BUY SELL TRADE ORIGINAL GAS PUMP PARTS
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
37 and been collecting since I was 15.

Collect small Oklahoma Oil Co.'s 1920's-1940's. Barnsdall, Cushing, Eason, Marland, etc.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks for all the replies.It is good to see that there is a big age group of collectors.I was collection when is was a kid and found all the grizzly gasoline tombstone signs in montana had 32 of them and as a 13 year old kid sold all of them and did not keep one for my self,the ones i found had a dirt mark about half way up from the bottom,i spent about 2 hours getting them of a building.Would love to find one and buy one back,any luck.Anyway thanks again for all the replys.Scott

Always looking for grizzly gasoline stuff, or any Montana gas and oil stuff.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'll chime in...I'll be 24 next week and have been collecting for about 3 1/2 years now. I blame my husband. wink

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved