Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#347626 - Sat Aug 11 2012 11:57 AM I think im going to puke
s932 Offline
Company of the Month Host

Loc: cape girardeau. mo
Never thought this sign would be reproduced

Edited by s932 (Sat Aug 11 2012 11:58 AM)

#347627 - Sat Aug 11 2012 12:07 PM Re: I think im going to puke [Re: s932]
57tbirdkid Offline
TBA Feature Host

Loc: NY
Some guidence from someone in the US on what signs should be faked....

#347641 - Sat Aug 11 2012 12:55 PM Re: I think im going to puke [Re: 57tbirdkid]
tomzcollectiblez Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: La Porte, In
Look in his completed listings!!!!!!
He has sold about 15-20 THOUSAND dollars worth of these reproduction signs in the last couple months alone!
These 42 inch double sided porcelain signs will fool ALOT of people!!! Look at the date on the signs too! Wow!
Pretty sad! I hope someone goes after the guy for copyright infringement or fraud???

#347643 - Sat Aug 11 2012 01:00 PM Re: I think im going to puke [Re: tomzcollectiblez]
Dave's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Abbotsford, British Columbia, ...
Disgusting!

#347647 - Sat Aug 11 2012 01:14 PM Re: I think im going to puke [Re: Dave's Garage]
powerlube Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Parker, CO
Add those to the signs original/reproduction I will never own...

#347649 - Sat Aug 11 2012 01:17 PM Re: I think im going to puke [Re: Dave's Garage]
DWSheffer Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Hillsdale, Michigan
Wow Shawn, that is surprising.....I wouldn't dream that sign would be reproduced either. I didn't know nor would I have thought they would be reproducing 42" signs. This might really shake up the Texaco market when those start hitting the US as I'm sure they'll be next.
Sad, sad.... I guess those of us that have been in the hobby for a while were the last ones to be able to buy SOME signs comfortably without any fears of fakes, now it seems nothing is beyond reproducing, as long as there are dollars to be stolen from new or unsuspecting buyers.
Darin

Edited by DWSheffer (Sat Aug 11 2012 01:18 PM)

#347651 - Sat Aug 11 2012 01:30 PM Re: I think im going to puke [Re: DWSheffer]
57tbirdkid Offline
TBA Feature Host

This seller has recieved numerous negative feedback but they all seem to go away? Must have a friend at ebay customer service ....

#347653 - Sat Aug 11 2012 01:35 PM Re: I think im going to puke [Re: 57tbirdkid]
s932 Offline
Company of the Month Host

Loc: cape girardeau. mo
I just bought an original version in July, and never dreamed that it would be reproduced. Did you see the price he is asking for a fake sign, it's a lot more than what an original brings. Also his eBay name says it all

#347657 - Sat Aug 11 2012 01:59 PM Re: I think im going to puke [Re: s932]
KZ1000 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Mass
Just another reason why reproductions, dated or not are NO GOOD for the hobby.

#347661 - Sat Aug 11 2012 02:20 PM Re: I think im going to puke [Re: KZ1000]
eric grinder Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: MA
Rick, I couldn't agree more! It truly is disgusting how I hear horror stories of sellers with 100% feedback losing their seller privledges over less than 5 star detailed seller ratings on certian things like high shipping charges. Yet this scumbag makes a very healthy years pay just ruining our market and hobby while Ebay sits on their hands???!? I am so sick of seeing this sort of thing day in and day out. There has to be something we can do. Is it possible for us to make a difference if we ALL started contacting ebay on all of these certian sellers auctions? I would imagine if 100 people put their minds to it and really stuck to the plan we'd have to make a difference in the ebay community. And think if we can stop this stuff from getting to people on ebay then we just removed their biggest marketplace to our country!

#347662 - Sat Aug 11 2012 02:27 PM Re: I think im going to puke [Re: eric grinder]
wfort39663 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
The only thing that's not a fake with this piece is the price. At least that should keep the bottom feeders looking to flip this piece of junk from bidding.

#347663 - Sat Aug 11 2012 02:30 PM Re: I think im going to puke [Re: eric grinder]
Alex Offline
Moderator, Value Forum

Loc: Butte, Montana USA
For the last several months I have been reporting items that were classified in the wrong category. LED and other signs inthe Texaco category that were not even oil and gas related. Ebay has done nothing as they still show up. I realize they probably get tousands of items reported, but see very few results.

#347664 - Sat Aug 11 2012 02:31 PM Re: I think im going to puke [Re: eric grinder]
Here's Your Sign Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Just North of Atlanta, Ga.
Anyone who buys from a guy in INDIA with a name like stencilwork had it coming. I've reported him to eBay on my part.
Always looking for pump plates or small signs!

#347665 - Sat Aug 11 2012 02:42 PM Re: I think im going to puke [Re: Here's Your Sign]
57tbirdkid Offline
TBA Feature Host

I think the best thing we can do is take images and add them to the repro gallery...and make people more aware of these junk signs. Ebay will do nothing....as collectors its our job to eliminate or limt the business of people like this . The more we keep up on what this guy is doing...the better off we will be. This is not this guys first rodeo....someone here in the US is backing this guy and directing him on what to make.

This is a scary one but many mistakes which i will not mention public

Edited by 57tbirdkid (Sat Aug 11 2012 02:44 PM)

#347670 - Sat Aug 11 2012 02:53 PM Re: I think im going to puke [Re: Here's Your Sign]
Bob Richards Online   happy
Veteran Member

Loc: Longview, WA
In India, it is NOT AGAINST THE LAW TO MAKE REPOPS AND FANTASY ITEMS..... In fact it is encouraged... Helps support Local Communities and Local Economy's.....

Repops and fantasy items have been in the Hobby, long before I started Collecting.... It will be part of the Hobby long after I stop walking this Earth...

Suck it up..... Collectors have been complaining about repops and fantasy items for over 60 years.... It is NOT NEW... The only thing, NEW...... Is you folks!!!!!!!!!!

For those who have "10 minutes" in the Hobby... Take a deep breath... For you "Experienced Collectors"... You have been in the Hobby long enough to know you have NO CONTROL over others that make this junk, so why get upset?

I expect that most every popular Company will be repopped... It is up to me, to educate myself and know when they surface... Getting upset, at least for me, doesn't change a damn thing.. (It does help to vent, I know that for a fact... LOL)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved