Next Thread
Print Thread
#348288 Mon Aug 13 2012 10:16 PM
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
I know these are sum nice cans but I noticed the same guys are bidding wondering if they are running them up are they that nice and hardly seen I havent seen the speed before but im just starting to collect these cans and at over 400 each had to ask the pros

speed (350x263).jpg rocker (350x263).jpg
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Can't say how rare those particular cans are that you've posted, but can say that I have seen many cans sell for double those prices in recent months. I have an O'Neil's Velvet rocker for sale on eBay right now and it's already at $260.00 after two days with 6 different bidders on it including yourself Maverick.

Item number: 261081757359

I just checked and it looks like one bidder on my can is also bidding on the other cans you have listed. They have (55) positive feed backs and I just checked his buying history which does appear to be a legit collector. They've been buying vintage rocker cans, and glass quart bottles in recent months and appears to be on a roll. I'm thinking there's nothing to read into there and if you want to collect rocker cans, you're safe to bid what you're comfortable paying for them. Rocker cans are quite collectible, and some are considered to be very rare indeed. I've seen them as high as 800.00 for the rare mint condition cans and average 300.00 to 500.00 for some others. If you see them under that and they're an uncommon can, best be jumping on it as their only going to increase in value is my opinion of 80 year old cans. Lots of luck to you in either case.

Last edited by GasCan; Tue Aug 14 2012 06:40 AM.
GasCan #348325 Tue Aug 14 2012 07:48 AM
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Thanx and yea I've been watching them sell here and thier and I've seen em low and I've seen them sell high I personally like them and try to buy them at decent prices but for 80 yr old cans they are in great shape and I thought that was your can didn't know if you already had sold it I should've bought it when I ga the chance on here but for some reason I do stupid things an don't Jump on the opportunity when it's their

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved