Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34922 Sat Mar 20 2004 05:59 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
First I'd like to say thanks to all those that help this site by submitting pictures for our "...Of The Week" and "...Of The Month" features over in Showcase and Stories. Those features wouldn't be possible withour your participation.

Having said that, some months I've found it difficult to get enough pictures to make what I feel is an interesting Globe Of The Month feature. I've relied heavily on just a few collectors to share pictures of their globes, along with whatever globes I have in my modest collection. Perhaps some of you don't know how to post pictures, or you're worried about security. I want to try something different to see if we can improve things. I'd like to receive globe pictures via email. I can store these pictures until I have enough from certain companies to do a feature on them. I can credit the pictures to the owner when I post them, or I can say they were sent to me by an oldgas member.

I'd like to accumulate pictures of as many different globes as possible. This will allow me to group globes from the featured company's affiliates together to make for a better feature. Pictures submitted to me will only be used here on this site. Owners information will not be given out without their permission. I want to do this for the benefit of our members, and those that read the posts but haven't joined oldgas yet.

I prefer shots of single globes, but group shots will do. You can include any information you have on years used, body type, globe size, etc.
I sometimes have trouble receiving multiple pictures in one email. One or two pictures per email should work fine.
You can email your globe pictures at your convenience. Please include "globe pictures" in the subject line so I don't accidently delete them.
I'll bring this post to the top now and then so our new members will know what's going on.
Thanks in advance!!!!
Bob
Lastgas15@aol.com

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#34923 Sun Mar 21 2004 06:44 AM
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
that sound's like a great and easy way to get them globes comming in, you can't make it any easier than that for us bob, you should have photos comming in as i write this post. cheese

#34924 Sun Mar 21 2004 07:42 AM
Maybe we could do a globe image album like we have been doing with the oil cans. Bob would be the perfect guy to assemble the submitted globe images. I have the feeling he'll get me to put a globe album online when he gets enough images. So get it going guys.

Meanwhile, the pump guys are saying "How about a gas pump image album?" OK, send me gas pump images that you would like to see in an online album. Like Bob, I ask that you plainly identify them as "gas pump images" in the subject line. I get hundreds of spam emails and dozens of viruses every day so I have an itchy delete finger.

Send globe images to Bob and gas pump images to me.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#34925 Sun Mar 21 2004 09:53 AM
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Bob, are you going to call out what globes you want each month or just have everyone email all the pictures they have?

#34926 Sun Mar 21 2004 10:59 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I'd like to get all the pictures I can ahead of time. That way when I do the GOTM I can put globes from the affiliated companies together. I think it will make for a more organized feature. Of course people will still be able to post pictures like we're doing now. The idea is to have more pictures to start with.
I've had requests to do features on certain companies but I can't do them because of the lack of globe pictures.

The short answer is "send me pictures of all your globes now (or whenever convenient)".

I've already received some, and others have said they would send their pics soon.
Thanks,
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

#34927 Sun Mar 21 2004 05:03 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bob is really working hard on this thread. Let's please support him and send him the globe pictures and any info you have.

Great job Bob........................

------------------
Scott in Kansas City
quarts@mindspring.com

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
#34928 Sun Mar 21 2004 06:00 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just sent Bob all the pictures of my globes. Keep us informed on what's going on Bob. Let's support this topic!

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
#34929 Sun Mar 21 2004 08:06 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I've gotten quite a few globe pictures and a few questions since I posted this topic.

Don't worry if you think I might already have a picture of a certain globe. I can sort out the duplicate pictures later.

These pictures will only be used for Globe Of The Month and the Globe Album that Jim mentioned.

Jim and I had discussed the possibility of globe and pump albums awhile back. These won't happen over night. I have alot of images saved, but not nearly enough to make a comprehensive globe album yet. I'll work on organizing and editing as time permits.

Judging by the response I've gotten to my original post I can tell theres still alot of interest in globes on this site. Keep those globe pictures coming. Common or rare, it doesn't matter. This will not only help with Globe Of The Month, it will help to get the globe album going, and that can be a great resource for all of us.

Thanks!
Bob

#34930 Fri Mar 26 2004 11:07 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Several oldgasers have sent and continue to send me pictures of globes. The more we get, the better the globe album and GOTM will be.

I just wanted to bring this to the top because our membership continues to grow.

See if you can get some good individual globe pictures at the shows and from collections. Be sure to get permission from the collectors though. You shouldn't need permission from the dealers at the shows because they are displayed in a public venue....it still wouldn't hurt to tell them whats going on.

Have a great weekend!
Keep those globe pics rolling in.
Bob
Lastgas15@aol.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved