Next Thread
Print Thread
#34975 Sat Feb 12 2005 01:02 PM
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Hey everyone, I'm in the process of getting my Wayne 70 back together (I took it apart so long ago I hope I remember where everything goes!) and I was wondering whether anyone knew where I could either buy or borrow the tool for getting the sight glasses off. They've got all kinds of crud inside and need a good cleaning. I tried a strap wrench without any success. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#34976 Sat Feb 12 2005 01:23 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
hey chris,
those are a pain in the ---! i actually bent the frame on mine trying to get it off. they are a bear. some of the guys on here suggested making a tool out of pipe that will slide over, but the recesses in it and well a long breaker bar to it and spin. i still couldn't get it. a buddy of mine just showed me a way to do it, but it ruins the nut, but saves everything else. he took a grinder/sawall and cut a line through it. just a recess to pop it open. then everything comes loose, including the retaining nut for the sight glass. makes it alot easier. and you can actually reuse the nut because you dont realy see it and it threads back on. just a thought. and i also have a wayne manual that shows every part and where it goes if you want a coppy i will photo copy it and send you one if it will help.
mike

#34977 Sat Feb 12 2005 01:46 PM
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
You might need to use heat i would heat it good then let it cool an it should come appart. Be careful though torch an old gassoline are a bad mix. run some water through it a coupple times first.
Brandon

#34978 Sat Feb 12 2005 02:59 PM
D
D
I purchased a wayne 70 in about 100 pieces and could sure use that picture to help put mine back together

#34979 Sat Feb 12 2005 03:39 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
I heard everyone say how hard they were to get off so I used carb cleaner, CLR and blue ammonia (not mixed, one at a time) and I got mine cleaned up pretty good. Fill the manifold and lean the pump so one side soaks overnight and then do the other one. I then rinsed with dish soap and water. My spinners in my Wayne 60 are red and white again insted of brown varnish. It worked for mine anyway. Like everything we do, don't get in a hurry. Sure beats breaking glasses and rings, not to mention knuckles.
Rod

------------------

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved