Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
GasCan Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Got word yesterday that there was a rare Canadian tin on eBay and sure enough it was a Perfection Oil can listed in Eastern Canada. These are quite rare and this was the lesser price brand offered out the back door from McColl Frontenac from what I've come to learn. Not in the best condition but it should clean up nicely. I emailed the seller with my interest and it was purchased with a buy it now early this morning. For those who'd like to see this can, here's the little brother to the Red Indian line.

Not the best picture from my phone but you get the idea. Below the perfection can are 3 more mint looking cans picked up at the US border yesterday on my monthly run, and sold to me by OldGas member Gary Drye. Thanks Gary!

perfection.jpg CansSept14.jpg
Last edited by GasCan; Sat Sep 15 2012 07:57 AM. Reason: added second picture
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Cool can Graeme, I never knew about that can, I'm sure Joe has one in his collection that never came up in conversation. Learned something new again today. Will have to keep my eyes open for them, another cool Canadian can. Yer gettin a nice collection going there.
Ken.

GasCan Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Joe was the one that put me onto this can. smile

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A-ha, there ya go , it's good to have friends like Joe that are "in the know" and passes on tips to fellow collectors, he's a good egg.
Ken.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
There are actually at least 3 different perfection quart cans. At least that's how many different ones I have found. I wad told they were bought out by mccoll.

Always looking for Red Indian Tins, McColl Frontenac, McColl Bros., Buffalo (prarie cities oil co), Stellarene and other western canadian tins.
GasCan Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing that info. Still learning about these and appreciate when people chime in with more info about them. Cheers!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved