Oldgas.com Home Click green arrows to see more

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#356116 - Sun Sep 16 2012 08:47 AM Prince Castle/Cock Robin & Other Ice Cream items
Cold Pizza Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Clarendon Hills,IL.
Any ice cream/soda fountain collectors on here?
This is a lengthy ad,and I apologize for that,but I thought it best to list everything I have for sale here,instead of multiple individual ads.
I grew up with Prince Castle/Cock Robin ice cream stores here in Illinois as a kid.
These 2 Multimixers are unique.
Manufactured by Prince Castle Mfr.,this was the recommended work horse mixing machine used by all the McDonalds,Prince Castle & Cock Robin restaurants over the last 50 years.
Ray Croc used to sell these for a living,until one day when the McDonalds bros.of Calif. ordered 6 of them for their local hamburger business.He had to see what type of a business would require such amount of machinery.Upon his arrival he was astounded to see the booming business the McDonald Bros.had made for themselves.He soon purchased their restaraunt,and the rest is history.

These 2 mixers have been in our family for over 50 years.Very original and in fine working condition.One Jadite Green,one Bahama Beige.They have never been rebuilt,modified,painted or abused.Always thoroughly cleaned and wiped down,and the main motors bearings & each individual spindles bearings were oiled routinely all thier life.They still have their original cords & plugs,and wear the original Prince Castle Mfr. tag too,with serial & model #.Nothing has been replaced from what I can see.The removeable service top cover does show some wear,and there are a few dents on one,but that has been left alone as well as the rest has not been modified in anyway.This is one of the earlier models too,with an ON/OFF switch mounted on the bottom with an inside power light that illuminates only when the power is turned on.Later these would only turn on as each individual malt cylinder was engaged up into it.
Both serial #'s are also very low,that backs this up.

In 1985,I bought a bunch of other items from our local Cock Robin to compliment these mixers,which was going out of business.They are all defunct today,as the very last Cock Robin closed it' doors many years ago.
I planned on making my own soda fountain,but 27 years later,I realize I don't have the room I thought I would among everything else I collect,so it's time to let it all go.
I can bring any of these items to Peotone next month as well.
Thanks for looking..
Rick
REDL78@ATT.NET

5 spindle Jadite Green unrestored original paint,original cord,working Prince castle Multimixer.
One of the first units ever made and it has the light underneath inside as well.Come with 5 original stainless steel malt cylinders & original operating manual and a not often seen Cleaning cup with bristles to clean each spindle too.

Asking $400

Same exact 5 spindle model in Bahama Beige,original paint,original cord and working Prince Castle Multimixer with operating manual too.
Has underneath inside light & comes with 5 stainless steel malt cylinders with a bunch of straws & spoons also.
Asking $400

Edited by coldpizza (Sun Sep 16 2012 10:25 AM)

Please don't ask

Sellers may not request payment for the sale of an item to be paid through Paypal as a gift.

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana forum Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
#356120 - Sun Sep 16 2012 09:03 AM Re: Prince Castle/Cock Robin-Other Ice Cream Items [Re: Cold Pizza]
Veteran Member

Two matching complete napkin dispensers,full of vintage napkins in original Jadite Green as well.
$50 for the pair.

Two vintage Dog "N Suds glass heavy mugs.
No chips and nice.$20

Cardboard Popcorn box,unused and sealed in cellophane for protection.$5

7 unused Cock Robin paper bags,from the Naperville Il. store,sealed in plastic protection.No fading.
$100 for all 7.

Eleven 1/2 gallon "Yummy" brand Vanilla ice cream cartons.
These were exclusive to JEWEL food stores here.
Each NOS unused and one folded to show size.
$100 for all 11.

Edited by coldpizza (Sun Sep 16 2012 09:35 AM)

#356122 - Sun Sep 16 2012 09:20 AM Re: Prince Castle/Cock Robin-Other Ice Cream items [Re: Cold Pizza]
Veteran Member

Prince castle brand square ice cream scoops.
These were the trademark signature to Prince castle & Cock Robin.
Every single ice cream scoop served there,was with one of these dippers.
Some might recall the multi flavored Sherbet cones that had these square scoops on them...I do.

..ad from back page of multimixer manual.

I have one #250 scooper NOS in the box with instructions for $300
I have the exact same scooper,#250 loose with no box or instructions for $200.

I also have one #300 scooper,NOS in the box with instructions for $300.
I have the exact same scooper,#300 loose with no box or insrtuctions for $200.

One extremely hard to find,One in a Million Prince castle Malt cup,from the 1950's.
Double sided,nos unused for $50.

Edited by coldpizza (Sun Sep 16 2012 09:58 AM)

#356125 - Sun Sep 16 2012 09:32 AM Re: Prince Castle/Cock Robin-Other Ice Cream items [Re: Cold Pizza]
Veteran Member

4 very nice Ovaltine brand items.They had a factory in the town I grew up in..long gone today.
3 shake up malt cups,with lids.$30.
1 glass jar with lid,$20.

Edited by coldpizza (Sun Sep 16 2012 09:51 AM)

#356127 - Sun Sep 16 2012 09:34 AM Re: Prince Castle/Cock Robin-Other Ice Cream items [Re: Cold Pizza]
Veteran Member

This was my grandmothers during the 1950's,that she never used.
It works fine and is all shiney,no scratches.
It's a nice piece I thought would compliment the others.
NOS in the box with all the tags and warranty card for $30.

Edited by coldpizza (Sun Sep 16 2012 09:52 AM)

#356132 - Sun Sep 16 2012 09:46 AM Re: Prince Castle/Cock Robin-Other Ice Cream items [Re: Cold Pizza]
Veteran Member

These are really neat!
Three "SMOOTHIE" makers from the 1950's.Yup,they were making Smoothies @ home back then before anyone else.
Real 50's design..Nikita Kruschev musta been the designer.
Each are made of heavy steel,and come with a removal top,and then a second removal top.
You insert a co2 cartridge in the bottom with a screwing key.
I imagine that would make it cold.

I have 1 NOS in the box with instructions & co2 capsules for $75.
I have 2 more loose,no box,no instruction,no co2 for $20 each.

That's everything for now.
If you see something you like,you contact me at REDL78@ATT.NET
Free delivery if I bring it to Peotone,but please tell me beforehand.
Thanks..
Rick

Edited by coldpizza (Sun Sep 16 2012 09:53 AM)

#356606 - Tue Sep 18 2012 08:16 AM Re: Prince Castle/Cock Robin-Other Ice Cream items [Re: Cold Pizza]
Veteran Member

All 3 SMOOTHIE cannisters are sold.

#356741 - Tue Sep 18 2012 06:05 PM Re: Prince Castle/Cock Robin-Other Ice Cream items [Re: Cold Pizza]
Veteran Member

2 Napkin holders are sold.

#356927 - Wed Sep 19 2012 09:11 AM Re: Prince Castle/Cock Robin-Other Ice Cream items [Re: Cold Pizza]
Veteran Member

2 Dog 'N Suds glasses sold.

#361352 - Sun Oct 07 2012 09:29 PM Re: Prince Castle/Cock Robin-Other Ice Cream items [Re: Cold Pizza]
Veteran Member

I'd like to sell the 2 Multimixers in person,because they are heavy.
They are both extremely clean & original,in & out and operate nearly flawlessly.You won't be disappointed.
With Peotone coming up,I could bring them there for free.I could plug them in for you there as well.
I was asking $400 each with all their malt cups & manuals,but I'll reply to any offers.You won't hurt my feelings.
I just need to make room,and these are cumbersome to ship.

If you would like to make me an offer,PM or email me.
All offers considered.
Thanks.
Rick

#364941 - Mon Oct 22 2012 08:32 PM Re: Prince Castle/Cock Robin-Other Ice Cream items [Re: Cold Pizza]
Veteran Member

Both Mixers & 3 Ovaltine shakers are sold.

#366167 - Sat Oct 27 2012 01:26 PM Re: Prince Castle/Cock Robin-Other Ice Cream items [Re: Cold Pizza]
Veteran Member

2 of the 4 prince castle ice cream scoops are sold.

#374811 - Tue Dec 04 2012 11:15 AM Re: Prince Castle/Cock Robin-Other Ice Cream items [Re: Cold Pizza]
Veteran Member

All 4 Prince Castle Ice cream scoops are sold.

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog6 

| Check our Book Store for related resources |

Copyright 2013 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved