Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Gas pumps have always been my passion and heres a photo of a couple still in use on a farm near me!

Eidsness pumps 001.JPG

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
I make a point to visit this place at Pier 39 everytime I go to California ,usually 2X a year for 20+ years now I've flown into SFO then its off to Yosemite for hiking and of course crazy people watching along the Embarcadero in San Fran !

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I meant to post this last month sometime but lost the file. All of a sudden an antique store I've not paid much attention to for years sprouts petroliana (that or I've been in too much of a hurry passing it and just didn't notice). I heard from a local oldgasser that their prices are way to high. Havent' been able to stop by when they are open (I think only Friday to Sunday).

septfatw.JPG septfatw2.JPG septfatw3.JPG
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My wife and I ate at this resturant on Monday night. We sat in the booth next to the pump. The owener of the place likes antiques and has filled the resturant with them. We have eaten here many times
Originally Posted By: strnge
Pump in a restaurant in Placerville, Ca

Pump next to house in San Carlos, Ca

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
While we were in Myrtle beach we stopped at this restaurant called Cagneys, lots of cool old items in their decor.

Ed
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
I love how restaurants are now getting in to the old gas stuff. I have photos from another restaurant I ate at recently. It was completely full of signage. I will have to post them here.

Last edited by strnge; Thu Sep 20 2012 09:57 AM.

Mike
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
We have a local restaurant here called "The Pump Cafe". Its full of gas pumps,signs, and good burgers.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Found this old sign at a abandoned station. im getting in touch with the owners. it was owned by their parents and left to them. they want nothing to do with it. hoping to through the place with them and make offers. the pumps say "gone fishing" on them or something like that.

]pijo.jpg
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
A couple of murals in the Albuquerque area. The first is a repair shop and the second is an antique store. Took these with Wendell recently (aka Old Iron).

mural2.jpg mural1.JPG
Last edited by Leverhead; Sat Sep 22 2012 12:08 PM.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Ok. You'll be hard pressed to find something crazier than this. MY in-laws live in a small town in Georgia. Population, maybe 2,000? Well, a couple of years ago the local auction's (2 of them) petro and soda items started getting bought up by a couple of guys. Then all of a sudden a local restaurant got bought out. A couple of plots of land in the middle of town got bought. The local barbershop got bought. Another random building got bought. A local small hotel got bought.

All by the same person. Turns out it was 1 MULTI millionaire. He doesn't live here. Never has.

He tore down most of the buildings, or stripped their outsides, and rebuilt them all in a old wood storish decor. All of these establishments have become private. The restaurant is now only open for car shows (that is the building with the big Firestone sign on the front) or when he flies in friends and families. The hotel is only opened when his friends and family come in town to stay. The building with the gas pumps out front is part of the car show.

The building with the pumps is FULL of old toys, petrol toys (Texaco trucks and etc.), signs, cans, old coolers, registers, and more.

All of the signs appear to be original. The buildings have security cameras outside.

It kinda sucks because the guy is taking away resources from the town, but man is does look a whole lot nicer.

No one around here really knows the guy, and there is pretty much 0 chance of ever getting any of this stuff.

Enjoy!

Image.jpg Image 1.jpg Image 2.jpg Image 3.jpg Image 4.jpg

Eddy Smith
Call or Text: 678-232-4637
E-mail: eddysmithjr@gmail.com
Always looking for pump plates or small signs!
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
There were TOOOOOOONNNNNNNNSSSSSS more signs than you see here, anything you can imagine for the most part.

Eddy Smith
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
Wow..now that is unreal. I remember when kim basinger did something similar somewhere....what an indulgence.

Kinda wierd like you say....almost a ghost town until they fly in to their little village for fun and play. I can see where the tax base could be effected..limited or no gross reciepts. What was it like before the tranformation?

Thanks for sharing....very interesting.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
It's not really a "ghost town" per say. The guy is doing all of this in the town square. A few small restaurants there, some shops, etc. It was a decent small town feel. He is almost turning it in to a ghost town by buying all of this stuff and making it unusable. It just looked kinda run down.

Eddy Smith
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
This old C.C. Kersey's Texaco station is in Greeley CO, it's only used for storage nowadays :(, Hope to see a for sale sign on it someday I would love to own this place and have a lot of plans in my head for it especially that old gas neon sign on the top corner no paint just new neon on it would be awesome!

I took a couple of pics with different settings, hope you like them.

Also found these Pump's at a old station now used as a mechanics shop in Golden CO while hanging out at the Golden Super Cruise, I didn't have time to get a pic of the entire building this time as everyone stops in to get a picture of their car next to the old pumps and the line was forming behind me, so I'll get a better one on the next cruse on October 6th.

Always looking for Frontier and Beeline items.
Oldgas Online Cool OP
OP Online Cool
This little building sits on old Route 66 in St. Clair, MO. Don't know the history, but it looks like it was remodeled from a classic cottage gas station.

stclairMO-rt66-station.jpg

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved