Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Wow, I never gave any of this a thought about bubble wrap or newspaper causing a problem. Once again I learned something at this site.
Thanks everyone

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
First sign I ever bought and had shipped to me the guy shipped it in a tight bundle of bubble wrap taped all over with clear packing tape, which was also stuck in various places to the painted surface. The sign went from mint to trashed and i returned it to a very unhappy seller..

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reminds me of the guy I saw driving away from a swap meet this hot summer with a freshly painted gas pump wrapped up with a sea of old afghan blankets to protect it on it's journey in his truck.
He stopped to quench his thirst on the way out,and I don't know if he was the buyer or seller,but I could see roughly a 1/2" of lint sticking to it from 20 feet away.

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Oooh I've had this problem in the past and won't forget it. He's absolutely right about damaging a powder coated surface because that was what happened to me. I restored a short ROE clockface pump and the customer wanted it powder coated to match something else he had. It came out perfect until the ride over. Luckily I got them to come out with VERY light polishing. I don't ever put that bubble wrap on until the baby blankets are on there first! smile Goober

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved