Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I do 95% of my buying and selling based on Buy It Now with Best Offer. I haven't seen anyone mention that. Most of my list prices are slightly high because I account for selling an item either for 75-80% of list or $50 or so cheaper. Considering most of my items are $250 or less that is a decent room to wiggle.

I LOVE negotiating. That is why I buy items with Best Offers. The thrill of saving a few bucks is one I enjoy.

Now if I do not have very much invested in an item I will do a auction. But people don't tend to enjoy bidding on something and seeing "Reserve Not Met" so I try to run my auctions with No Reserve.

I also agree eBay is cheaper than a normal auction. Especially when you consider the auctions with a "buyers premium" which is the dumbest thing EVER.

Eddy Smith
Call or Text: 678-232-4637
E-mail: eddysmithjr@gmail.com
Always looking for pump plates or small signs!
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I like an auction Ebay yes fees seam high but you go to an auctioneer and around here there 30 to 35% and not the market you will get on ebay, I do 2 shows a year, there you get beat up, Ebay is the only place I know that you can get more then your asking. I know alot of my items brought more then I would have ever asked. JMO I get both ways and yes ebay is for the buyer no dought.

Tankar #355864 Fri Sep 14 2012 02:25 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I listed a couple of items n ebay recently with a higher BIN price than ususal. Why? I saw the same item is worse condition sell for that price so I thought I would throw my items on there and see if there were any more people who wanted to pay that price. i also have a best offer option as well. If it doesn't sell...I don't care. Well, I do..but not going to lose any sleep.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
Its not narrow its reality. Look at all the poor quality items on ebay with stupid BIN prices. Yes this is my opinion because everyone has their own idea on value. Sometimes BIN items are great and Im not against them at all. Im just saying the majority of poor quality BIN items out there are overpriced.

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
57tbirdkid #355868 Fri Sep 14 2012 02:46 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The majority of everything anyone sells is overpriced in most people's opinions. Henceforth negotiating smile

Eddy Smith
Call or Text: 678-232-4637
E-mail: eddysmithjr@gmail.com
Always looking for pump plates or small signs!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Eddy, what you just wrote.... Is exactly 100% right! (IMO... LOL)

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Tankar #355871 Fri Sep 14 2012 03:11 PM
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Maybe I missed the point or didn't make myself clear. I was not comparing auction house price fees with ebay fees. I was just mentioning the fact that they are getting higher, and by the way ebay charges you for your own shipping. I did not know that till I looked at my invoices. It is a cheap way of advertising and getting people aware of things. It is tough though to pay 18% for online bidding in some of the auctions, but that is either you do not mind or how much to get there and stay. Just love the guys who do not pay when they win on ebay and nothing can be done.

Craig
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Well, I'm sure I got my answer somewhere in all the dialogue. I think it was great with all the brainstorming and input from oldgas members. Thanks

57tbirdkid #356794 Tue Sep 18 2012 05:47 PM
How many times any of have you emailed a seller to ask,how much for a buy it now? Usually its high if they answer you at all. Pretty much the same deal now, except you don't have to ask. The buy it nows are higher, its for the folks who don't wanna wait, or have the extra loot to throw at it.I have stolen stuff with buy it nows. Sometimes, its who ever sees it first, and how good of a piece it is. There is always a sucker out there with more money than since, buy it nows or not.

Always looking for good Pure stuff, dude...
57tbirdkid #356797 Tue Sep 18 2012 05:47 PM
How many times any of have you emailed a seller to ask,how much for a buy it now? Usually its high if they answer you at all. Pretty much the same deal now, except you don't have to ask. The buy it nows are higher, its for the folks who don't wanna wait, or have the extra loot to throw at it.I have stolen stuff with buy it nows. Sometimes, its who ever sees it first, and how good of a piece it is. There is always a sucker out there with more money than since, buy it nows or not.

Always looking for good Pure stuff, dude...
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved