Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I saw one of those sand painted ones a few months back too. I looked , and looked and slowly set it back down. I wasnt sure one way or the other either but I went with my gut and moved on. The guy swore up and down it was right. At that time I was thinking it might of been some rare thing but now I'm seeing more of them popping up. Still not saying one way or the other but for me, I'll pass.
60W- yeah , right next to the "Rooms for Tourists" gem.

Last edited by JimT; Tue Sep 18 2012 07:45 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I just looked at the Shell sign listed on e-bay that RC Media has. It might be the same sign that was at Hillsville Va. that I pictured earlier and it might have been brought to Dixie Gas. RC Media was at Dixie and I would think that they would have gone to Hillseville.

I live in Lynchburg Va. and have seen some strange signs show up in the area. Allen Morrison sign Co. was here in town. They did enamel signs but I have owned several sand painted signs that they did as well. I have seen many unfinished signs or missing colors, rejects from the factory, taken home by employees. Some signs I have seen I have thought were prototypes or rejects form the clients.
The fact that this Shell sign showed up in this area adds some legitimacy to it in my mind, but the way that it is dated is very sloppy. So I don't know having glanced at it ?

Last edited by 60wayne; Tue Sep 18 2012 08:27 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The one I was looking at was at Michigan gas. I agree that the AM signature looks sloppy. The guy also had a couple of those questionable Shell air signs. Those are another semi mystery to me. He had one with some silver and black tar like material all over it. He was carrying around a copy of the picture with all the signs coming off that roof. The one that was clean he was asking like 1200.00 and the one with the tar on it he was asking something like 800.00. I thought to myself, for 400.00 why wouldnt he just take the tar off the dirty one too. Those air signs do look good, but definitely a little different than known originals...

Last edited by JimT; Wed Sep 19 2012 02:52 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Saw the shell sign at the Auburn IN swap. Also had a reflective Ford sign. I held them, looked them over and just couldn't help but feel something wasn't right. I passed.

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
I saw the shell sign at Auburn too. He had a dirty looking Johnson sign also. Most of his signs have the dirty-sooty finish on them. Is it illegal to take a picture of the seller and post it? Mine's been hanging in the post office for years. ;;;;;;;;Ron Lease

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Quote:
Is it illegal to take a picture of the seller and post it?

IF ya ask Kate or the royal family, it is!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You can take a picture and post if the seller is in a public place with no "reasonable expectation of privacy".

Royals were in an enclosed compound, sharing a certain level of intimacy. They had a reasonable expectation of privacy. Photo's were taken with a high power lens.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
G
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
G
So if it is reflective, stay away. The shell air that he had looked ok, but will look at it this weekend. Thanks for the posts!

Noah

Looking for any cans! PM me what ya got!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good luck.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
321063256749 Shell sign on eBay

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved